wrong country registered with city

wrong country registered with city

Postby ericxke » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:49 am

While cleaning up divelogs I noticed that with one location, a wrong country is registered. How do I correct this?
This link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfgbjcjcg333da2/divelog.jpg?dl=0

shows a screenshot of what I see.

In the right upper corner it says "Bonaire" should obviously be "Curacao".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Grtz,

Eric
ericxke

Re: wrong country registered with city

Postby support » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Eric,

There is actually no "direct" connection between Sites, Cities, and Countries and each of those entities are treated as simply 3 entirely separate lists of names. But of course when we think about it in real life, there *is* a connection between them. So what we do have is that a Site has a "default City" to use, and a City has a "default Country" to use when you're editing a dive. That way, the Application can "automatically" pre-fill the City and then Country when you are editing the Location information of a future dive.

In your screenshot, what you're seeing in the top corner of Willemstad is which "default Country" has been associated with it. At some point in time, mistakenly or not, when you edited a dive and selected a City of Willemstad, you also set the country to Bonaire and so Willemstad's "default Country" was set to Bonaire. To "fix" this, you just need to edit a dive and change the City to Willemstad and then also change the dive's Country to Curacao. Then when you go back to look at the "default Country" assigned to Willemstad, it should now say "Curacao". (Might need to refresh). Perhaps there is a bug in the App where the "default Country" didn't get re-set properly when the Country changed in a dive, but I am not (yet!) aware of how to duplicate it. It can get complicated though so it's certainly possible.

But the "default City" or "default Country" shown does not imply any connection really and just shows what the App will use to pre-fill the information in the future. It is a bit confusing and we used to *not* show the defaults, but we got requests from customers to be able to see what "ties" there were between them so we added the ability to see the defaults. Also for example, if you had 2 Sites with the same name but in 2 different Cities, you could more easily distinguish between them easier.

Let us know if you have any further questions or issues with this or anything else.
Thanks!
Janice
support

Re: wrong country registered with city

Postby ericxke » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:44 am

Good morgning, Janice!
Thanks for your swift reply.
I added a testdive, did what you told me and the "problem" was solved.

Now I can sleep peacefully again!

Greetings from Holland,

Eric
ericxke

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager