Logbook

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
RJP

Download Problem

Post by RJP » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:35 am

Hi,
today ,I tried the first time to import dives from my Smart com to Dive Log DT.
"Connected to Aladin Smart com "was shown.After pressing "Download" the progress bar moved until the end and"Dive computer has been disconnected" was shown.
But there appeared no list of my dives(882-898) in the top window.
What can I do ?

support

Re: Logbook

Post by support » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:17 am

Hi,

Sorry about the difficulties with your download, but we'll certain work with you to sort out what happened.

It is possible that you have the "After Dive #" set to a dive that happened after the last dive in your dive computer. You can try clicking the radio button next to "All Dives" and download your dive computer again. This will attempt to download and display all the dives on your dive computer and not just the most recent ones.

If that doesn't help, can you take the following steps:

1) Start Dive Log DT
2) Select Preferences from the Dive Log DT menu
3) Click on the "Support" tab in the Preferences window
4) Under "Send Download Diagnostics for:" select UWatec in the drop download list
5) Click on the "Email to Support"

This will send us the diagnostics log file for your last download attempt so that we can take a look at the details of what happened during the download and sort out why things didn't work as expected.

Also, when you in the Preferences screen, make sure that you do not have UWatec selected under either of the other two sections ("Create Snapshot on next Download" or "Create Memory Dump on next Download") as these settings will only download the computer but not try to parse any dives (they are just for diagnostic purposes).

Thanks,

Greg

RJP

Post by RJP » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:55 am

Hi Greg,
thanks for your answer.
I downloaded "all dives" and got no dive list.
So I'll send you the mail .
Rudi

support

Post by support » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Rudi,

We've received your download files and will take a look at them to see what has happened and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Greg

support

Post by support » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 am

Hi Rudi,

I'm glad that you got things working!

I'm including the solution to the issue here so that other readers that may experience similar issues can get things working again too.

If the “Memory Dump” or "Snapshot" diagnostics are turned on the dive computer will download, but Dive Log DT will not try to parse the data but rather will create a diagnostic memory dump (this is a file that we use to diagnose issues with data from the dive computer). If you look at the Preferences under the Dive Log DT menu and click on the “Support” tab and it has the check box next to either the create Memory Dump diagnostics or the Snapshot diagnostic:

you should uncheck that box:

and attempt to download again and Dive Log DT should present the list of dives once the download is complete.

Cheers,

Greg