Logbook

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
RJP

Logbook

Post by RJP » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:38 am

Hi,
I changed PC to iMac.How can I send my .slg Logbook to you? Can you convert it to .sql. If it works ,I would like to buy the full version of your software.

support

Re: Logbook

Post by support » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:45 am

Hi,

We'd be happy to convert your logbook file from the SmartTrak (.slg) format to the one used by our applications. Just send your .slg file to our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com - just replace the 'at' with @ and the 'dot' with . and remove the spaces) and we'll convert it and send it back to you.

Cheers,

Greg

RJP

Post by RJP » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:10 am

Thank you very much,I'll send my .slg in a few minutes.

support

Post by support » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:02 am

You are most welcome. I have converted your logbook and sent it back to you. Please let me know (via email) if you have any difficulties.

Cheers,

Greg

RJP

Post by RJP » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 am

Hi Greg,
thank you,everything's working.
One Question :Is there anywhere a german manual for Dive Log DT available?

Greetings
Rudi

support

Post by support » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Hello Rudi,

Like most software these days, we do not have any manuals for any of our software, including DiveLogDT. In "theory", it should be easy to use and you don't need any manuals :) In theory.

We do have a lot of information about all our software on our website, including some FAQ's, some screen movies, and general documentation. DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager also has some builtin documentation if you click on the main section panels (like Logbook, Synchronize, Import, Dowload etc), or you can get to the same place via the "Help" menu. Unfortunately, it is all in English. We simply don't have the resources to keep documentation in any other language.

Sorry that we don't have a better answer. Please feel free to email us with any questions or just post in the forums.

Thanks,
Janice

RJP

Post by RJP » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:19 am

i need help!
I changed my dive 522 t0 dive 10 and renumbered all following dives forward.Can I make this undone?

support

Post by support » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi Rudi,

You can't "undo" this directly (unless you happen to have a backup of your logbook from before you did the renumber either explicitly using the Dive Log DT/Dive Log Manager File->Backup menu item or automatically via Time Machine). However, you can re-number your dives again (you might want to take a backup first so that you can get back to this point again if you need to). Each time you renumber your dives they are renumbered by date and time going forward from the selected dive. You might need to do this in a couple of steps if you are trying to introduce "gaps" in your dive numbering scheme.

For example, if you want all your dives numbered in date/time order in your logbook and you want to introduce gaps in the numbering, you can renumber forward from the first dive in your logbook (this will number all the dives sequentially from that dive number by date and time). Then you can locate the first dive that you want to have a gap and manually change it's number to the first number after the gap and then renumber again starting with that dive. Then repeat as needed.

Using a specific example. Lets say the first dive in your existing logbook is #4 and you want your existing dives numbered 4 - 10 and then want a gap from 11-14 and then start numbering again from 15. So first you select dive number 4 and "renumber forward". This will renumber your dives from 4 to the end of your logbook. Now select dive #11 and change it's number to 15 and then select dive #15 and renumber forward.

The key is to remember that Dive Log DT/Dive Log Manager will look at all your dives sorted by date & time each time you do a renumber and will change any dives that follow the currently selected dive (by date and time) to be renumbered sequentially starting with the next dive number after the selected dive.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Greg

RJP

Post by RJP » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:51 am

HI Greg,
your answer was very helpful,thank you!!!!!!
Rudi

RJP

Re: Profiles

Post by RJP » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:32 am

Hi,
how can I enable in "profile" of a dive ,that I can see no deco limit/deco time ?
In my logbook it is grey and can not be activated.
Thanks for an answer.