DiveLogDT is showing the wrong times for my dives

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
clay

DiveLogDT is showing the wrong times for my dives

Post by clay » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello Janice,
I just downloaded 50 dives from my Galileo Luna to DiveLogDT and it's displaying the wrong times for the dives. For example, the dive last night was at 8:22 pm according to my Luna, but Dive log is saying it was at 4:23 am. Any idea why its doing this?

Thanks,
Clay F

support

Re: DiveLogDT is showing the wrong times for my dives

Post by support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Well, there could be a couple of reasons. First, the Galileo's keep track of time based on "UTC" or essentially what time it is in GMT. Then you set the time zone or "UTC offset" on your dive computer to tell it what time it is before you go diving. This UTC offset is saved "per dive" so that it can tell what time a dive took place even when you change the time zone later. It looks like DiveLogDT is either adjusting for time zone too much, or not at all for some reason.

If you send me the download log files, I'll take a look and see what it thinks the UTC offset is for your dives.

Open up the Preferences panel (under the main menu) and click on the support tab. In the top section, pick UWatec and then click "Email to support" and then email them off to us. We'll take a look.

Janice

clay

Post by clay » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm sorry, the preferences panel isn't offering a support tab, it only offers a choice between google maps and apple maps.

support

Post by support » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:32 pm

The "ease of use" feature was just added to the last release - 4.4.18. You may need to do an upgrade. If you don't want to for some reason, let me know and I'll send you the instructions for where to find the files manually.
Thanks,
Janice