export options

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
orxion

export options

Post by orxion » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:42 am

Hi,

I would like to take part in DAN research program as per - https://www.daneurope.org/send-your-dive-profile

but the program they offer doesn't currently have OS X support. When I asked them if there is other way for MAC users their support sent me following info
You can send the profiles with Mac through as the MacDive software for Mac.
The software export the profiles in DAN DL7 format, and therefore are compatible with our database.
So I would like to ask of you if you could add somme export ways, not just to share text outputs, but also something simillar.

Is there anything you can do to help this effort?

thx :)

support

Re: export options

Post by support » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:11 pm

The next version of Dive Log Manager/DiveLogDT will have the ability to export into DL7 format. It is currently in review with Apple and I'm not sure when they will finish. I have also sent DAN some sample exported files for their review and approval, but they have not responded yet. I'm hoping that everything goes OK with both "reviews" but I'm not sure what to expect from DAN.

Stay tuned!

Janice

orxion

Post by orxion » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:28 am

update is out - excellent support. thx :)

support

Post by support » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:24 am

Still no final word from DAN Europe but I did the release anyway. Please let us know how it goes if you use it to submit a log to them.
Thanks!
Janice

orxion

Post by orxion » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:16 am

i submitted it under macdive and it went fine

support

Post by support » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Ahh, I did not realize that you had to tell DAN what software the zxu file came *from* - interesting. (It's also embedded in the file itself so I don't know why you have to tell them twice but ....)

Appreciate the screen grab for context. Let us know if they reject it in some way down the line.

THANKS!
Janice