GPS - dive site

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
orxion

GPS - dive site

Post by orxion » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi,

can you fix it so that I can simply enter the GPS data in any standard format and the program would just reformat it for it own needs?

eg - I can simply paste N48 12.559, E017 25.574 and woulnd't have to fill in each number separetly?

I knot it is just a small detail, but perfection is in details :)

thx

support

Re: GPS - dive site

Post by support » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 am

Couldn't agree more that "perfection is in the details" and this is a good example. You're right, we should add the ability to be able to "paste" in a GPS location and just "figure it out". (Dive Log for iOS actually does this.) Just curious - where would you be pasting FROM?

We did try to make it easy though to look up a GPS location from within the app though if you did not "grab" it using Dive Log (for iOS). If you bring up the Locations DiveSite Lookup, you can use either Google or DiveBoard.com to look up and then refine the GPS location of the site. So no copy and pasting needed! Have you tried this?

Janice

orxion

Re: GPS - dive site

Post by orxion » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:28 pm

hi Janice, thx for reply, I usually gram it from here - http://www.stranypotapecske.cz/lokality/default.asp

it is a Czech site with detail info of sites not only from Czech Republic (but all over the world). It contains details like

it would be nice if dive log would be preset for this sort of sites and simply grab the info based on link