"Downloads" section

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
Blattler

"Downloads" section

Post by Blattler » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi,

I pleasantly stumbled across your software, and am interested in using it to download dives from my Scubapro (Uwatec) Aladin 2G computer. I read on several threads here that DLM/DT will support this computer (or similar ones anyway) with the correct IrDA module, and I'm going to give it a shot with the IrDA that I bought on Amazon. However, I can't seem to find the "Download" section on Dive Log Manager.

One thread mentioned a "UWatec (IrDA) panel under the Download section in Dive Log Manager/DT", but I can't seem to find that anywhere in the program. Am I missing something obvious? Or is this a feature that only appears once I upgrade to the DT version? Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks!
Adam

P.s. I'm running version 3.4.6 of DLM.

support

Re: "Downloads" section

Post by support » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello Adam,

Version 3.4.6 of Dive Log Manager is the free version of the application from the Mac App Store used for backup and syncing of your Dive Log iOS logbook. You are correct that you need to purchase Dive Log DT in order to get the additional functionality including the Download support (and editing and printing). So if you purchase it, you will see the referenced "Download" section in the list on the left. (Current version is 4.4.6)

It should work just fine with your UWatec Aladin 2G if you have the "right" USB IrDA adaptor. The ScubaPro one works of course and if you followed the link in these forums and got the cheaper one from the US Amazon store, that works too.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Cheers,
Janice