Syncing issue

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
wolfie_47

Syncing issue

Post by wolfie_47 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Since changing my router out on my home network my dive log devices can no longer see each other when trying to sync. I am sure that I just need to open a port on the router but I have no idea which one. Could you let me know what port the sync function uses. I know i can (and have) set up an ad hoc network but that gets troublesome and I would just like to get it working right.
Thanks
Herman

support

Re: Syncing issue

Post by support » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello Herman,

All of the Desktop software uses "Bonjour" to connect with Dive Log for iOS so there is no "port" to open. And in fact the port changes from connection to connection. Bonjour is installed automatically when iTunes has been installed on any machine, PC or Mac.

The first thing I would try is simply to unplug your router from power for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in again. Nine times out of Ten, this fixes up it's internal routing tables and things start working.

Next, Is there a firewall running on your router? Or on your Desktop? If so, you'll need to open up "Bonjour Services" if that is an option.

Here is a FAQ that talks a bit about synchronization:
http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_Log_-_faq.html

If that doesn't fix it, email us with some of the messages from the applications.

Cheers,
Janice

wolfie_47

Re: Syncing issue

Post by wolfie_47 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks, that helps. I know that everything worked before the router change so I am sure it is a router issue. I assumed the issue was a port because when entering the manual sync set up it asks for the IP address and port number but knowing it is using Bonjour should get me started in the right direction. Thanks for a great product!