Locations not syncing?

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
hellsbells

Locations not syncing?

Post by hellsbells » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:53 am

I've imported some dives from Macdive2 but I've noticed that none of my locations are appearing in the Locations part of the Logbook. They do seem to appear in the Dives section however, under each dive, just not in the Locations section.

When I sync to the iPhone, the locations, sites, countries etc are in the individual dives and I can click through to view them, but again they're not in the locations tab, or the stats bit.

I found an earlier post suggesting there was a fix to this, but not sure where to find it...?

The same goes for buddies, but I'm less fussed about them, I'm more about the dive sites.

Thanks!
H

PS I'm using Dive Log Manager 2.0.6

hellsbells

Re: Locations not syncing?

Post by hellsbells » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Update: I've realised that if I go into each individual dive on the iPhone, and then go into each dive site, city and country, click edit, then save each one again, that each entry then appears in the iPhone's location tab.

When I sync back, then they appear in Dive Log manager.

Any fix to save me going through 100 odd dives to click 300 buttons? :)

support

Post by support » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:32 pm

So sorry we've taken so long to reply to this. In theory, we're set up to receive notifications when ever there is a new post on the forums. Surprise! Guess that's not working :-( #fail

Hope that I've caught you in time before you manually add. The "options" that you can set on import are available if you click the main "Import" panel in the list of panels on the left. These are the "global" options you can set on import that apply to all the different import formats. There are checkboxes for automatically adding/linking Dive Sites, Cities, and Countries when importing. (And buddies too). Once the checkbox is turned on, it will be saved as a preference for all subsequent launches of Dive Log Manager. We try to make some intelligent decisions about matching, and will prompt you for which one to use if for example you have eg: multiple Dive Sites with the same name. But we can only do so much and if the Dive Site imported has a typo or slightly different spelling .... So we give the opportunity to turn it off.

Hopefully, you have not made too many changes and can "re-import" from MacDive? So sorry if we are too late and for taking so long in responding. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Cheers,
Janice

P.S. In general, the "panels" that identify a main task (eg: "Import", and "Synchronize") are where we put Preferences and Options for that task as well as Instructions on how it works. The "Logbook" panel only shows instructions if you don't currently have a Logbook open however.

hellsbells

Post by hellsbells » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:15 am

No problem - I hadn't gone in and done it all manually yet!

Thanks for the advice, I went in and after a few tries, I found that deleting my iPhone and dive log manager logs and starting from scratch, worked perfectly. All works great now.

(My next love-to-have would be syncing back to MacDive2, but I know you're working on it!)

For feedback, I love the Statistics section on the iPhone. I found out that, after thinking of myself as a novice UK diver, I've actually dived as much in the Uk as I have in Egypt :-) Great little feature of iPhone Dive log.

Looking forward to playing with it next week on my Liveaboard. Thanks guys.

support

Post by support » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:00 am

Glad to hear it's working for you you now and no "re-entering" involved.

Two quick notes:
- Nick of Mac Dive would be the one working on Mac Dive 2 integration - that's his bailiwick
- You can get the same set of Statistics that Dive Log on iPhone gives you in Dive Log Manager by selecting the "Statistics" panel on the left hand side.

Have fun diving!
Cheers,
Janice