Import from MacDive 2, nothing happening

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
icemn2003

Import from MacDive 2, nothing happening

Post by icemn2003 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi,
I may be missing something really obvious. I'm trying out Divelog Manager beta 2.0.4. Trying to import my MacDive 2 log into Divelog manager so I can upload my Divelog on my Iphone. I accurately see all my dives in Divelog manager in the top window of the import screen, but when I select them all and select import, nothing happens. Maybe I have something set wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!

support

Re: Import from MacDive 2, nothing happening

Post by support » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 am

Hello icemn2003,

Sorry that you are having difficulties figuring out Dive Log Manager.

What is *supposed* to happen when importing dives from any format is that you select the dives to import in the top window, and you select the dive(s) to import *into* in the bottom window. Once imported, the "new" dives will also show up in the bottom window. It's possible that the "new" ones are "off the screen" and you need to scroll down to see them for some reason. Do you see your existing logged dives in the bottom window at all? Or are you using a new, empty logbook?

If you are selecting all the dives from MacDive2, perhaps you have just started using Dive Log and Dive Log Manager and you are importing a large number of dives? How many? Could it be so many that it's just taking a really long time?

One thing to try is to see if you can import just one dive. If importing even one dive doesn't work, that would be good to know.

And actually, I just remembered that we have a bug when reading the equipment information from the new MacDive 2.0 database that not many people "should" run into :-). It's been fixed and will be in the next release of Dive Log Manager but we have not yet been able to do that release. Perhaps I need to send you an early copy of it. Please send an email to the support alias (support at moremobilesoftware dot com) and we'll get you set up with it and see if that fixes things.

Sorry for the problems!
Cheers,
Janice

icemn2003

Post by icemn2003 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:24 am

Janice,
Thanks for the super-quick reply. I am unable to get a single dive to import from MacDive 2. I kind of figured it go "copy" from the upper to the lower windows. So I select one dive, hit the "import" button. Then a pop-up window comes up saying "Importing 1 dive into logbook starting at dive number: 1" I hit ok. The window goes away but the dive isn't being copied, unless it takes a really long time to copy the one dive, but I'm not seeing any indicators that the program is importing the dive either. It's like nothing happened.

I've emailed the given address as you said to get an early release of the new version to see if that helps. Thanks much again for your assistance.

icemn2003

Post by icemn2003 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Janice,
Awesome, the dives all sync'd to Divelog on my phone. However, site, equipment, and buddy info did not. However, I don't see a way in the manager to get that info to sync, so I assume that functionality isn't there yet? Thanks again for all the assistance!