Dive Log Manager 2.0.4 now available

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
support

Dive Log Manager 2.0.4 now available

Post by support » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 pm

YADLMR - Yet Another Dive Log Manager Release

Some bug fixes and some new features available. From the Release Notes:
- Statistics panel has additional data including dives by Site, City, Country, Buddy, Type, and Equipment
- Added capability for adding to and linking to buddies in the buddy table when importing dive information from other formats
(Checkbox for turning this feature on can be found on the main "Import" panel)
- Added support for reading and converting visibility information from other formats
(Enter user defined limits for "Bad", "Average", and "Good" visibility on the main "Import" panel)
- Added support for importing tank size and working pressure from Mac Dive 2.0 databases
- Bug fix for importing JDiveLog data in Delta Mode
- Bug fix for properly displaying imperial and metric units when importing

If you've already downloaded it, you can get the new version by selecting "Check For Updates ..." under the main menu.

Or if you want to download it, you can find the link for this version on our Dive Log Manager webpage here:
http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_ ... _Beta.html

As always, please let us know if you find any issues.
Cheers!
Janice

ebrothers

Re: Dive Log Manager 2.0.4 now available

Post by ebrothers » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 pm

So just to clarify, Dive Log Manager is intended to eventually be the primary logbook application?

At present, it seems that I can offload my computer onto MacDive 2, but I cannot copy information from Dive Log Manager into MacDive 2, it can only go in the reverse direction. Is this correct? Is there any plan in the works to allow transfers in both directions?

support

Post by support » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi,

There is a plan for MacDive 2 to be able to sync bi-directionally with Dive Log on iPhone (see the note at the end of the MacDive 2 features page). This is something that we are working on in collaboration with the developer of MacDive. As things currently stand, it is possible for us to read the MacDive 2 database format, but it is not possible to write it (this is an artifact of the underlying technology that MacDive uses to interact with it's database). The plan is for the bi-directional sync with MacDive to ultimately be integrated directly into MacDive 2.0 (rather than requiring Dive Log Manager).

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Greg

miversen

Post by miversen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 pm

The bi-sync will be so wonderful. It is such a travesty that the big Dive Computer Companies totally left us Mac users in the dark. Then again, this leaves an opportunity for guys like you and Mac Dive 2 to develop even better software. Private initiative is great, and it creates better products. Keep up all this great work. This is money well spent. I'm just gonna chunk the Aeris and Oceanic PC software where it belongs. By the way, if anyone has the new Oceanic OC 1, please send nick at Mac Dive any data you have to help him tune this new dive computer up for Mac Dive.

Y'all enjoy all this cool software.

Cheers (I'm not even Britsh, but it sounds cool... Let me get a beer though)

Mike in Lufkin, Texas