Imperial/Metric

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
bm133390

Imperial/Metric

Post by bm133390 »

Hello again.
I am sure this might have been asked before, but would there be a way to add more options as to which way you want your data to be displayed. There are some things that I would like in IMPERIAL and others in metric, without having to go up and select it. Like wise, when i go to print, i cannot have both displaying, it is one or the other.
ex:
depth imperial
temp metric

Also, would it be possible to show the consumption rate as : 0.53 ft3/min? as it does on the app?
support

Re: Imperial/Metric

Post by support »

Yes, this is a good suggestion that I think other people would want as well. There are many diving regions in the world where the units are "mixed" between Imperial and Metric for the same dive like that. It is something that we plan to do, it has just not quite "bubbled up" to the top of the list of things for us to do. We have limited resources and it helps us prioritize that list when we hear directly from our users.
Also, would it be possible to show the consumption rate as : 0.53 ft3/min? as it does on the app?
Do you mean when printing a dive? It should show the same thing that shows up on the Summary tab in the Dives panel. Let me know if you are seeing something different.

Whether or not DiveLogDT calculates RMV (Respiratory Minute Volume) or SAC (Surface Air Consumption) when showing air consumption calculations, is done via an App User Preferences. By default we show RMV. If you bring up the DiveLogDT Preference Window, go to "Profiles" and then click the button next to "Calculate SAC (not RMV)", you'll get SAC instead.

"0.53 ft3/min" is an RMV value so you'll want to make sure that button is *not* clicked. Here's an old Blog post about the 2 if you are interested in more details on it.
http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Blog/ ... g-sac.html

Thanks for the feedback again,
Janice
bm133390

Re: Imperial/Metric

Post by bm133390 »

Janice,
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
I hope to see the update soon for the units.
For the sac rate, i missed it in the preferences. That is exactly what i was looking for.
I really love this app and have been using it on my phone since i started to dive.