Searching database by Boat Function?

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
Seb87

Searching database by Boat Function?

Post by Seb87 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:35 am

Hello,

In the Details tab of each dive, there is an input for Boat.
However, it is not possible to search the database or show Statistics with this criteria.
Could this be implemented please?

Thanks.

Seb

support

Re: Searching database by Boat Function?

Post by support » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:00 am

Hi again Seb,

Yes, this is true for "Boat" and also for "DiveMaster". And actually for a few other fields as well, like DiveSuit. We have certainly thought about this and would like to add it eventually. We'll add your vote for adding this functionality sooner rather than later :-)

I can give you a couple of work arounds in the mean time though. You can use the "extended" search function on the Dives panel to go from Dive to Dive where you were on that Boat. So in the main Search field in the upper right, type '+' (for extended search) and then the name of the Boat and then return. You'll be taken to the next dive on that boat. Keep pressing return again and you'll go through them 1 by 1 in your logbook.

Otherwise, what I do is create a tag or Dive Type for each Boat. Then, on the Description tab, just select that "Dive Type" and then I have Statistics for that boat as well.

Thanks for contacting us though with your requests. It helps us to gauge interest in different features and let's us know where to target our limited resources.

Janice

Seb87

Re: Searching database by Boat Function?

Post by Seb87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 am

Hi Janice,

Many thanks for the speedy response.

Thanks for the work around, this would do for now.
I hope the feature will be added on if obviously of interest to others.

Best Regards,

Seb