Trouble resizing column to view details in Equipment Section

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
delacrue96

Trouble resizing column to view details in Equipment Section

Post by delacrue96 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 pm

Good evening,
I opened the log after updating. I went to the Equipment Section, attempted to resize column to look at equipment details, and could not resize. Any ideas how to fix?

support

Re: Trouble resizing column to view details in Equipment Section

Post by support » Sun May 31, 2020 1:01 pm

Hello delacrue96,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "column" in this case, but I can make a guess. All the panels in DiveLogDT and DiveLogManager have a "Split View" that you can resize to meet your display preferences. So there is a column or set of columns on the left, and the details of the selected item on the right. You can change the width of the left and right hand sides by grabbing the "knob" for resizing the Split View. Your cursor will change to be a vertical bar with left and right arrows over top of it once you are in the right place. You can also put your cursor at the top of the table between two columns and see your cursor change to the same thing, showing you that you can resize the columns.

I've included a screenshot here to show you where the "knob" is:

Let us know if that doesn't answer your question.
Cheers,
Janice

delacrue96

Post by delacrue96 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:50 am

Hi Janice,
Thank you for your reply. I attempted to resize the details section to the left to enlarge the area, double ended arrow appears but does not expand details section to the left. The details section is stuck all the way to the right and doesn't move.

I also deleted the app and reinstalled yesterday and then again today. I still have the same problem, not able to resize the details section to the left so I can see the information. I think there is a bug in this section. Please advise.

support

Post by support » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:52 am

Hello delacrue96,

Could you please take a screenshot of your DiveLogDT window and email it to us at our support email? Also, please include what version of macOS you are running and also include what your "Language & Region" settings are inside System Preferences. We'll duplicate your environment and see if we also have the problem.

Thanks,
Janice

delacrue96

Post by delacrue96 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:42 am

I sent you an email with the details. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

support

Post by support » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 pm

It turns out that this problem was specific only to macOS 10.11 (El Capitan). The latest release of DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager contains a fix for this problem for 10.11 as well as fixes for using Marine Life under 10.11 as well.

Thanks for pointing out the problems to us. Hopefully, (!) we can continue to support the older macOS releases.

Janice