Dives by year function...?

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
ssimps

Dives by year function...?

Post by ssimps » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:12 am

Hi,
Love your DiveLogDT program! Fantastic set up and makes things so much easier, replaced the one I made for myself with some similar features! One thing that might be quite fun to add would be a 'Dives per Year' button so you can view how many dives have been done each year and what/where they were. On the statistics page it could fit below 'buddies' and left of 'shops' (Would also even up the lines :) )

Thanks again

support

Re: Dives by year function...?

Post by support » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Yes, that is a great suggestion. Actually, it's not too hard to come up with some more Statistics that could be added, but this is one that has been requested before. We were hoping to add it in a more "graphical" way, but perhaps just adding it in list form like the others would be more prudent. *Getting* the statistics is not that hard - figuring out how to display them in a useful way is really the hard part.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us,
Janice

ssimps

Re: Dives by year function...?

Post by ssimps » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:27 am

Hi,
Thanks for the response. Cant seem to add a screenshot/image to my posts however what I have done on my homemade (read: Mac Numbers spreadsheet) logbook was display 'dives per year' as both a a data form e.g.

2010 - 100
2011 - 5 etc

and have all that data lifted and displayed in a graph next to it, I have used a bar chart but I suppose a line graph may be a better representation, the benefit with your system is that each dive in the year could then be readily explored.

Thanks again for the great app - now have both desktop and mobile versions!