Dives download problem Mares Icon HD net ready

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
WildGieboRon

Dives download problem Mares Icon HD net ready

Post by WildGieboRon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 am

Hi, I have a new Mares Icon HD Black net ready. With Mares DiversDiary for Mac and Dive Organizer for PC it is no problem do download my dives from my Icon HD.
In DiveLog DT the serial port is found, but when I click on Download it seems to work and then I will get the message "No Dives were found". Any ideas how to make it Work?
Thanks, Ronald

support

Re: Dives download problem Mares Icon HD net ready

Post by support » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Ronald,

Can you send us some files that DiveLogDT creates when it downloads a dive computer?

If you open up the Preferences Window (found under the main menu) and then select the "Support" Tab. In the top section under "Send Download Logs for:", select Mares and then click the "Email to Support" button.

We'll take a look and get back to you,
Janice

WildGieboRon

Post by WildGieboRon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:12 am

Thank you Janice, I have mailed the log files. Hope, you will find something...
Best regards, Ronald

WildGieboRon

Post by WildGieboRon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 am

Hi, I have now made a deep deinstall of DiveLog DT. Which means I not only deleted the app, but also all files in the library related to DiveLog. After a reinstall and reopening of my old .sql data file, I can now download my dives :D ... I will see how long it works...

support

Post by support » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:26 am

Hi Ronald,

I took a look at the file you sent. I can't be sure, but it looks like you may have accidentally had the "Create Memory Dump on next Download" flag checked. When this is checked, DiveLogDT saves all the dive computer memory into a binary file so that it can be "parsed" later on. If this is set, the whole memory is downloaded but not parsed and so you get "No Dives Found". The flag is for diagnostic purposes only and isn't meant to be on for general use. In theory, it's only set when we give instructions on how to do it so that we can give you instructions to turn it off again :-)

By deleting the "Library" files, this is where the preferences are saved and so you deleted the "memory dump" preference and it got turned off and so things started working properly again.

Glad it's all working now in either case!
Janice

WildGieboRon

Post by WildGieboRon » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:52 am

Everything is still working. Thank you very much Janice. For the fast and good explanation! Thumbs up! :D