Bulk dive renumbering

Bulk dive renumbering

Postby carlb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Brand new user here. First, thank you for providing a way to download my Galileo Sol to a Mac! You've made it very easy.

Being a brand new user, I may have already screwed up. :-) My earliest dive is #1, but I have old logs somewhere that I am hoping to upload, that will be earlier than the current Dive #1 in DiveLogDT. Is there a way to select all of the current dives and renumber beginning with some higher number?
carlb

Re: Bulk dive renumbering

Postby support » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello! We are happy that you are finding the App easy to use!

And yes, you can do a bulk Renumber. I would do it this way:
1) Using the Dives Panel : Find the earliest (first?) dive in your logbook and go into Edit Mode. Now change the Dive Number to what it "should" be. Let's say it "should be" your Dive# 42 - so just change the Dive Number field to 42. (Don't worry if there is already another Dive#42 in the logbook somewhere - that's fine - you can have multiple dives with the same Dive#). Now exit Edit Mode.
2) That Dive should already be selected in the bottom window, but if it isn't, then select it.
3) Now "right click" or "control click" in that bottom window, and you'll get a menu. Select "Renumber Forward". You'll get a pop up window that will show you how it will renumber based on the date/time of the subsequent dives. Review it and if all looks good, click OK. Just cancel if something isn't right.

Let us know if you have any issues or questions,
Thanks,
Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager