Text colors for bright sunlight

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
NickKafir

Text colors for bright sunlight

Post by NickKafir »

I find it difficult to read the blue text on the black background when in bright sunlight. Would it be possible to get a feature where the colors could be changed to white on black, or another high contrast combination? Perhaps using bold to differentiate it from the text that is already white, such as bold field names and plain text for the data.
support

Re: Text colors for bright sunlight

Post by support »

Hi,

I can look into providing a different theme that uses colors that are different form the standard iOS colors (which is the blue that you are seeing ... you'll notices that the Contacts app uses the same color scheme). In the meantime, if I'm understanding the parts of the UI that are causing issues for you, could I suggest switching to a light mode when in bright sunlight? You can add a toggle to the control center on your iPhone to make the switch easy to perform the change without leaving your current app (if you don't have it already you can add it in Settings under Control Center). I find that I often switch my phone to light mode in bright sunlight to make it easier to read for many apps. You can also configure your dark mode/light mode switch to be automatic ... but I don't use that since where I live bright sunny days are the exception rather than the rule.

BTW, if you haven't discovered it yet, the profile graph does have the ability to customize the colors and background for its presentation. Just tap the "graph profile settings" option in the upper right hand corner. One reason this feature exists is because light mode/dark mode does not affect the profile graph display.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. We always appreciate learning about things that would make Dive Log easier to use.

Cheers,

Greg
NickKafir

Post by NickKafir »

Ok thanks. I noticed the phone was in dark mode. I've added the control center button to toggle and will see how it does.
NickKafir

Post by NickKafir »

Seems to work mucho bettero with the light mode enabled.