Dive Log for iPad

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Worfy

Dive Log for iPad

Post by Worfy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi!

I am relativly new to Mac at home (although we have them on work) and currently still in the process of getting the software i need.
For my Diving-log i decied for "MacDive" and fond the iPhone/iPod mobile solution "Dive Log" to keep track on the way. As i haven´t got a Mac Laptop and don´t know if i relly want one or mayby an iPad might be enough for what i need, i was wondering if you will programm a new "Dive Log" Version for iPad to use the bigger screen?
Could you comment on that? Or will there be one software that allows to be run on the two different screen-resolutions (i don´t know if thats permitted in the programming).

Thanks.

Stefan

support

Re: Dive Log for iPad

Post by support » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your interest in Dive Log on iPhone and iPad.

We are planning/developing a version of Dive Log that will support the native resolution of the iPad. The plan (barring any unforeseen technical or approval issues) is to develop a "universal" version of the current Dive Log for iPhone that will run natively at both iPhone and iPad resolutions. This version would become available as part of the normal upgrade process for the current Dive Log on iPhone version (i.e. it would be a free upgrade to the existing product).

The current version of Dive Log on iPhone does run on the iPad using the iPhone application compatibility mode. There is an update to Dive Log that is currently in the release pipeline that will not have the native iPad support, but the update following that should (again barring any issues) have the native iPad support.

Cheers,

Greg
More Mobile Software

Worfy

Post by Worfy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 am

Hi Greg,

sounds great. Then i can start testing/using it now and be free to decide wether i buy an iPad or not :)

Thanks

Glennv

Post by Glennv » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 pm

First of all thanks for the great program.
just bought my ipad and am dying for an ipad native resolution version.
Any news on this / rough eta ?

Thanks

DMJB1965

Post by DMJB1965 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:35 am

A BIG thank you for developing the software. Have now uploaded my iPhone to Dive Log Manager then used DLM to download all info to my iPad. I am new to DLM so please excuse what may appear silly questions.

From what I can make out I can upload data from my iPhone (Dive Log) to the computer and create back up files. These files can be viewed and transfered to other apps/devices but not actually manipulated in or by DLM (is that right). The manipulation is done through 3rd party apps such as MAC DIVE- is that right? For me all I want to do is sync data on the iPad and iPhone so I can do quick notes in the phone after a dive, send it to the iPad via DLM, type to my little hearts content on the iPad, then send it back to the iPhone all without a 3rd party app. Does that sound right or is there a better way to do this.

Thanks

Worfy

Post by Worfy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:41 am

Hi!

Is there any update on the native iPad Version?
Oh, and two-way sync with MacDive2 would be great.

Cheers
Stefan

support

Post by support » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Stefan,

I am making good progress on the native iPad update to Dive Log. I will confess that the release of iOS4 and the iPhone 4 proved to be a little distracting (it took more effort than I expected to deal with all the changes that iOS4 introduced), but much of that effort was also relevant to the iPad. Dive Log is a fairly large and complex application so adapting it to take advantage of native features and user interface paradigm of the iPad does take some time. I'm planning to have it available later this year.

Cheers,

Greg

support

Post by support » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:51 am

DMJB1965 wrote:A BIG thank you for developing the software. Have now uploaded my iPhone to Dive Log Manager then used DLM to download all info to my iPad. I am new to DLM so please excuse what may appear silly questions.

From what I can make out I can upload data from my iPhone (Dive Log) to the computer and create back up files. These files can be viewed and transfered to other apps/devices but not actually manipulated in or by DLM (is that right). The manipulation is done through 3rd party apps such as MAC DIVE- is that right? For me all I want to do is sync data on the iPad and iPhone so I can do quick notes in the phone after a dive, send it to the iPad via DLM, type to my little hearts content on the iPad, then send it back to the iPhone all without a 3rd party app. Does that sound right or is there a better way to do this.

Thanks
Sorry that I missed your question until now ... not sure how that happened!

The way that you are using DLM to move data back and forth between the iPhone and iPad is ideal. The side benefit of this approach is that you can get a backup of your logbook on your Mac each time you exchange your logbook between the two devices.

Cheers,

Greg

Worfy

Post by Worfy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 am

support wrote:Hi Stefan,

I am making good progress on the native iPad update to Dive Log. I will confess that the release of iOS4 and the iPhone 4 proved to be a little distracting (it took more effort than I expected to deal with all the changes that iOS4 introduced), but much of that effort was also relevant to the iPad. Dive Log is a fairly large and complex application so adapting it to take advantage of native features and user interface paradigm of the iPad does take some time. I'm planning to have it available later this year.

Cheers,

Greg
Hi Greg

no problem just wanted to hear, that it´s still worked on and go get a some idea when to expect it.
If then the 2-way sync with MacDive is working i am in heaven ;)

Cheers

Stefan

wireman82

Post by wireman82 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:53 am

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before but is there anyway to sync the dive computer data direct to the iPad via the camera connection kit?
I will be heading to Thailand for 2 months of lazing on a beach interspersed with as much diving as possible but i'm only going to be taking my iPad and iPhone with me rather than the MacBook.
I have a Suunto Vyper and the data cable + serial/USB convertor.

Craig