Can't download via bluetooth - file too large?

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
mike.eberlein

Can't download via bluetooth - file too large?

Post by mike.eberlein » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:45 pm

I just purchased two Oceanic Proplus 4 computers for my kids, and the pelagic plugin to allow bluetooth download. The first dive synced no problem, but there was a 30 second sample rate so the data was not smooth.

On the second dive, I reset the sample rate to 2 seconds. When trying to download the dive (dive was about 64 minutes in duration) it starts to download and then loses connection halfway through - it can't be re-established. This problem is reproducible and happens on both computers. When I try and use Oceanic's Diverlog+ app, it pauses at about halfway but is able to download the dive, so the problem is definitely in the interface between Dive Log and the computer.

Any assistance would be welcome. There doesn't seem to be any setting on the computer or in the app to make it more tolerant of large files. (I have a ScubaPro G2 that downloads just fine with 2 second refresh, so I'm not really sure what's going on here)

Thanks.

Mike

support

Re: Can't download via bluetooth - file too large?

Post by support » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:45 am

Hi Mike,

Can you please reach out to us at our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com). We have recently resolved an issue with the Pro Plus 4 download that both deals with the 30 second Bluetooth connection disconnect that the Pro Plus 4 enforces and have also significantly improved the download performance for the Pro Plus 4. This version is currently available as a beta and I'll be happy to set you up to use it so that we can both verify that it resolves your issue and so that you can get a solution faster that waiting for Apple to approve the new version.

Thanks,

Greg

mike.eberlein

Post by mike.eberlein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Greg,

Thanks! Email sent.

Mike

mike.eberlein

Post by mike.eberlein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:01 pm

It worked! Thank you - now as flawless as with my G2.

support

Post by support » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks for letting me know Mike. That is great news.

The updated version of Dive Log with this fix has just been approved by Apple for the App Store (Mike, I'll send you instruction on how to switch back to the App Store versions directly). Anyone else experiencing this issue should see the updated version when they next update theirs app from the App Store. This update also have download speed improvements for the Aqualung i300C and the i470tc in addition to the Oceanic Pro Plus 4.

Cheers,

Greg