Question: Battery voltage in dive graphic

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Pascal

Question: Battery voltage in dive graphic

Post by Pascal »

Hello

I am using a Suunto D5 dive computer with a tank pod. Recently, I have discovered a warning regarding battery voltage (see attached picture). But not sure, if this indicates low battery on my dive computer or my tank pod (which is rather more the case). Any idea?

Thanks!

Pascal

support

Re: Question: Battery voltage in dive graphic

Post by support »

Hi Pascal,

Unfortunately the picture that you attached did not come through properly so I was not able to see it (please feel free to send it to our support email address: support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com if you still have questions after reading this).

Dive Log includes the a "bookmark" for the battery levels at the start and the end of your dive for the Suunto D5 (and the EON Steel and EON Core). It attempts to display the battery level that it reads fro both the dive computer and the "pod". The message in the bookmark when you view it should say either "Dive Computer" or "Transmitter" to specify the battery level for each device separately ... the Transmitter message will also show the "identifier" often transmitter in question so you can tell which one it is if you have more than one). The Dive Computer value report both sth percentage and the voltage where the transmitter values report just the percentage.

We just pull these values from the log data that we get from the D5. Sometimes we do see bad values in the data (we have no way of knowing of they are bad so we just report them).

We don't show anything that is a "warning" (although we do just get a string from the D5 for the dive computer value so it is possible that Suunto makes that a warning in the case of a low battery instead of the normal "Charge: 36%, Voltage: 3.793V" that we normally see.

I hope that helps. Please let em know if this is not the message you were talking about.

Cheers,

Greg
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hi Greg

Thank you very much! Your explanation made sense and clarified all open questions. Unfortunately, I was not aware of this "bookmark" feature, which tells the stat of both batteries.

Cheers

Pascal
support

Post by support »

HI Pascal,

I'm glad that I was able to help explain what you ere seeing. By the way, you may see other bookmarks that the D5 generates (either user bookmarks that you set on the dive computer during your dive or ones that arise from conditions that the D5 wants to take note of). You can also set your own bookmarks after the fact in Dive Log. Just position the cursor in the spot that you want to add the bookmark and tap the bookmark button. You can then add custom information about that point in the dive.

Cheers,

Greg