Feature request: Link to dives from sites, buddies, etc

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
JimmE

Feature request: Link to dives from sites, buddies, etc

Post by JimmE » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:16 pm

One feature/function I’d love to see on the app is the ability to quickly go to a list of dives on a specific site, with a specific buddy, etc from the dive site or buddy details page.

I can do this from Diving Log 6.0 on the PC but the only way to find a previous dive on a specific site, for example, on iOS seems to be to scroll through the list slowly.

Generally I’m either wanting to see when I last dived a site or how many times I've dives a specific site, or more commonly to look up the dive profile and comments from previous dives for the same site, which I may have dived years previously.

Having the ability to drill down to dives on specific sites or with specific buddies from the relevant details page would round out the app nicely.

Safe diving!

James.

support

Re: Feature request: Link to dives from sites, buddies, etc

Post by support » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 am

Hi James,

No problem, you can do this in Dive Log today. Just visit the "Statistics" tab and the tap on one of the options in the second section of the list. For example, if you tap on "Dive Sites" you will see all your Dives Sites in use by any dive along with the number of dives at that site and the total bottom time (you can use the "sort" button to switch between sorting alphabetically or by count). If you then tap on any Dive Site in the list, you will get all the dives at that Dive Site in a list similar to the main Dives tab. You can interact with these dives in the same way that you would on the main Dives tab. There are a number of options in the Statistics section including Buddies, Cities, Countries, Equipment, Marine Life, Trips as well as depth ranges and date options.

I hope that helps. Please let em know if you were looking for something different.

Cheers,

Greg
Last edited by support on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmE

Post by JimmE » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi Greg,

I came to the forum to post this feature request only to see I already posted it nearly a year ago - and I completely missed your reply!

Thanks for this - not sure how I missed that - I think just because when I’ve tried to do this, I’ve naturally started from the ‘Locations’ or ‘Buddies’ tab rather than statistics tab.

Regardless, this is great, thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers,

James.

Jdonde472

Post by Jdonde472 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am

Just downloaded software on my iPad - how canI download data from my Oceanic Pro Plus 4 (bluetooth enabled)?

support

Post by support » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 am

Hi,

You need to open the "Downloads" screen (tap Downloads in the sidebar) and then use the Store interface (which should open by default) to purchase the "Pelagic Bluetooth Download" in-app purchase. This enables the ability to download a number of Bluetooth capable computers from Oceanic, Aqualung and Sherwood including the Pro Plus 4 )Pelagic is the actual manufacturer for all these computers).

Once you have the in-app purchase available you should see that Dive Log is waiting for a connection from a Pelagic device. Then you need to turn on Bluetooth on your Pro Plus 4 if it is not already on. This is done using the menu on the Pro Plus 4 itself (you can look at the details in the Pro Plus 4 manual). Then simply make sure that you Pro Plus 4 is near your iPad and tap the entry in the sidebar when it shows up. This will "pair" the Pro Plus 4 to Dive Log and start connecting to it. Once it is connected the "Download" button will become enabled. Tap that button to start the download process. When it is complete, you will be asked to import the dives that you just downloaded (you can import them all or just a subset).

Please let me know if you have any issues. If you do, there is a Troubleshooting item on the main Downloads screen. If you turn on the Diagnostics Report switch and then try your download you can come back to this screen and email a detailed diagnostics report that will help identify an issue.

Cheers,

Greg