Galileo Luna slg file

Galileo Luna slg file

Postby joaocsg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:08 pm

I have a Uwatec Galileo Luna and want to manage my logbook that is a slg file with an iPad and iPhone App.
Does it work, with what app and how should I proceed?
I have a Mac but I’m using an old windows pc to import the dives with IrDA.
Thanks
joaocsg

Re: Galileo Luna slg file

Postby support » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:08 am

Hi,

Our Mac app DiveLogDT can directly download your Uwatec Galileo Luna. You can then sync your logbook to our iPhone/iPad application Dive Log. We can also help you out with your existing .slg logbook data. If you send your .slg file to our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) we'll be happy to do a one time conversion of those dives into a format that is compatible with Dive Log on iOS and DiveLogDT on the Mac.

Unfortunately, because of the interface technology of the Galileo Luna it is not possible to directly connect it and download it to Dive Log on iPhone/iPad. However, we do support a mechanism where you can manually enter dives on your iPhone/iPad during your trip and then when you get home sync your logbook to your Mac and download your Galileo Luna in such a way that the dive data from the dive computer is "merged" with the dives that you manually entered on your iPhone/iPad giving you a complete record of the dive (including profile data, depth, time, water temperature etc. in addition to the dat you captured at the dive site).

DiveLogDT has the drives built in to support the official Scubapro/Uwatec IR USB dongle (there are also a number of 3rd party dongles supported).

I hope that helps. Please feel free to contact us if you need any more specific information or want us to convert your .slg file for you.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Ken01J » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm

I have an iPad pro 12.5, how do I connect the irda (USB) to the ipad? Specifically what adapter do I need to order?
If I understand your post, once I do, then I will be able to transfer from my Galileo Luna to your app, correct?
And I can get my SmartTrak info transferred also?

Thanks Ken
Ken01J

Postby support » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:09 pm

> I have an iPad pro 12.5, how do I connect the irda (USB) to the ipad?

No. Apple does not support USB devices in their iOS devices. Our Mac based macOS product called DiveLogDT supports downloading your ScubaPro Luna using a USB IrDA dongle.

> Specifically what adapter do I need to order?

We support the official ScubaPro USB IrDA dongle as well as other (cheaper) dongles that use the same or similar chipset. If you have not purchased one yet, let us know or look in these forums to find one that would be supported by our software. We supply the drivers inside the App so you do not need to download or install any drivers for it.

> If I understand your post, once I do, then I will be able to transfer from my Galileo Luna to your app, correct?

On the Mac, that is correct.

> And I can get my SmartTrak info transferred also?

Yes. We provide a "one time" transfer of your SLG logbook data into our own database format for people who are transitioning over to a Mac.

Let us know if you have any further questions,
Thanks!
Janice
support

Postby Ken01J » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:47 pm

I don't have a Mac. Is there anything in development for an Ipad or PC solution?
Ken01J

Postby support » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:40 pm

> I don't have a Mac. Is there anything in development for an Ipad or PC solution?

iPad - No. This would require Apple to make a change.

PC - Yes! You can use our PC partners software, Diving Log 6.0. Find out more here:
I don't have a Mac. Is there anything in development for an Ipad or PC solution?

Janice
support

Return to Dive Log