Mares ProPuck

Mares ProPuck

Postby christopher14945 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:07 pm

I have a newly purchased Mares ProPuck and Mac DiveLogDT. When I connect the dive computer to download my dives it states "cable found" but I then hit "download" and I get an error message. Any ideas?
christopher14945

Re: Mares ProPuck

Postby support » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having, but we should be able to get you going.

The first thing to have you check is that you are using the latest version of DiveLogDT (it became available this morning). The new version is 4.5.4 (you can check this using the "About" menu item on the DiveLogDT menu). This will have an impact if you are running a version of macOS prior to Mojave when accessing certain USB devices.

Assuming that you are using the latest version of DiveLogDT, the next thing to verify is that you have put your PuckPro into "PC" mode. It is common for people to get as far as the "PC" screen and not press the select/enter button to cause the PuckPro to actually enter "PC Ready" mode (you should see "PC Read"y on the screen of your PuckPro). The other thing that can cause some download issues are wet or dirty contacts on your PuckPro. You'll want to make sure your PuckPro is dry, and it might be worth gently cleaning's the contacts with a soft pencil eraser.

If you are still having difficulties, it would be great if we could get you to send us the diagnostics log from your last download attempt. To do this pick the "Preferences" menu item from the DiveLogDT menu item. Then click on the "Support" tab on the dialog that appears. Then click on the first dropdown list (under the title "Send Download Logs For:") and pick "Mares" then click the "Email to support" button. This will provide us some value information to help understand your situation.

After sending the logs you can try installing the kernel device driver for the Silicon Labs chip that Mares uses in their download cable. That driver is required if you use the Mares Divers Diary software (it is usually not required for DiveLogDT) and this is the link that Mares supplies to download it:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Once that driver is installed, DiveLogDT should try to use that instead of its own built in driver. If things are still not working, please send a second diagnostics log by following the same steps as above.

Hopefully that gets you going, but if not we'll look at your diagnostics logs and get back to you will any additional steps to try.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: Mares ProPuck

Postby christopher14945 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:35 pm

The driver fixed the issue. Thank you!
christopher14945

Return to Dive Log