Garmin Mk1 Support

Postby cscox » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:00 am

Hello,

Will you please support the Garmin Mk1.

Thank you!
cscox

Re: Garmin Mk1 Support

Postby support » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:24 am

We almost already do! But we could use more test data please. Could you contact us via email and send us some of your "fit" files from your MK1? It would help us make sure we're doing things right .....

Thanks!
Janice
support

Postby dfunk9 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello Janice-
I tried importing the .FIT file from my Garmin MK1 but not all of the data came over, namely GPS coordinates (among other data fields). It's highly possible that it's user-error on my part but I'm glad to send you my .FIT files from yesterday's dives if that would help troubleshoot. Hopefully it is a quick and easy fix (vs. manually entering GPS coordinates).
dfunk9

Postby support » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:18 pm

We "optionally" create a new DiveSite based on the GPS coordinates found in the FIT file. If you want a new DiveSite created, then you should click the checkbox that is next to "Create new DiveSite from GPS coordinates for each Dive" in the middle of the Garmin IMPORT panel. If that is checked, then we'll create a new DiveSite with a "text name" of the actual coordinates that you can go change later to be the "real" DiveSite name.

We don't check for duplicate coordinates though. In other words, we don't check and see if those GPS coordinates are already in use by some existing DiveSite in your list of DiveSite's. We thought about doing this, but of course the coordinates will almost never match exactly so you'd have to match on some radius *around* the existing DiveSite. And ... how big should that radius be? Should that be user configurable? These are rhetorical questions, but if you have an opinion on them, please do let us know.

So for now we've punted and always create a new DiveSite. If you're loading a FIT file for a brand new site, then click the box. If you've been diving there before, don't click the box and just assign it to the Dive later.

Also, if you see anything amiss with the IMPORT, please do send us your FIT file. Always good to get more data and more input.

Thanks!
Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager