Support for Scubapro Sport Matrix

Support for Scubapro Sport Matrix

Postby mudbhary » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi:

I recently purchased Scubapro Sport (Matrix).. it has BT support for downloading log .I am interested to find out when we might expect support for this computer in Dive Log DT.

cheers
bhushan
mudbhary

Re: Support for Scubapro Sport Matrix

Postby support » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:23 pm

As you no doubt know, this model appears to be Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) only {*}. Although we support another BLE device, it's not clear to us that we will be able to get enough information to be able to support this device. And ScubaPro is notorious for not helping 3rd party logbook developers so if we are able to support it, it will be by having one of these units in our own hands and through reverse engineering. We *hope* to be able to do this in the fall, but have no concrete plans so can not give you a definitive answer. In addition, if you are able to "lend" us your unit (while you are not diving) in order to do the reverse engineering, we'd be happy to borrow it and see where we get. Please contact us via email for more information.

What you can do now is use ScubaPro LogTRAK to download the unit, and then use DiveLogDT to IMPORT from your LogTRAK database. You'll get the same information as a direct download, just in 2 steps instead of 1.

{*} I saw a posting on a reseller website that suggested that it was possible to download this unit using IrDA, but I find that really hard to believe. If you know differently, please let us know.

Thanks,
Janice
support

Return to Dive Log Manager