Scubapro Galileo 2 (G2)

Scubapro Galileo 2 (G2)

Postby CZS » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Not sure if you're aware, but Scubapro has just released a new dive computer, the Galileo 2. This computer features wireless bluetooth syncing through the LogTrak IOS/Android apps. Any idea how long it might take to get this computer syncing with Dive Log? I'd certainly offer any assistance I can in testing/troubleshooting, feel free to ask!
CZS

Re: Scubapro Galileo 2 (G2)

Postby support » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:22 am

Hi,

We'll have to do some more investigation to determine if/when we might be able to integrate support for the new Galileo into Dive Log using it's new found Bluetooth LE support. Unfortunately, most manufactures of dive computers are not particularly forthcoming when we ask them for the information that we need to integrated their devices into our software. Bluetooth LE protocols is more difficult to reverse engineer than the Serial or USB type connections due to the security mechanisms that Bluetooth LE employs (frequency hopping and encryption) so we typically need some information from the manufacturer to add support for their devices. We will reach out to ScubaPro (which has historically always been a black hole) and hope that we can get some information. However, the best thing that you can do to help is to contact them directly and them them know of your interest in using the Galileo 2 in conjunctions with Dive Log. Pull from customer that might otherwise purchase a supported computer is the most likely way to encourage them to provide 3rd party developers with the required information.

I will follow up if we have any more information or if we can take advantage of your kind offer for assistance. To that end, would you mind sending email to our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) so that we can communicate directly? There are a couple of simple things you can do using your Galileo that might provide us some clues to their communication protocol that I can send you via email.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby CZS » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Greg,

Thank you for the reply, an email to support is incoming. I will certainly contact Scubapro as you suggest. In the meantime, please be aware that all Galileo G2's are shipped with a usb cable which should provide for an easier way to get the computer syncing with Dive Log while work towards Bluetooth support is in progress.
CZS

Postby BFG » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 am

Hi

Just got my G2.

I have a MacBook and I am happy to help.

I will send an email to support and to ScubaPro :-)

Cheers,

BFG
BFG

Postby jchance » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:32 pm

The G2 also can sync via USB. How about adding support for that before Bluetooth as that should be easier. Thanks!
jchance

Postby support » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 am

Indeed, USB download support is in the works for the Mac products (Dive Log DT and Dive Log Manager) and should happen before the Bluetooth LE support. Unfortunately, in it is not possible to talk to the G2 via USB on an iOS device so Dive Log support will have to wait until we get Bluetooth working.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby jchance » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:56 pm

That may be but if you can at least get a download via USB and cloud syncing to work better, then those of us who use both have a way to use the data. Has Janice done anything yet with the USB? I have 2 G2's and would be happy to send you data if there was way. Also, how about a way to download via LogTRAK via their new format and import it instead? Let me know if I can help.
jchance

Postby support » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi,

The current version of Dive Log DT/Dive Log Manager (licensed version) does support importing the LogTrak data that comes from the G2. It is currently missing the model information (you can manually edit that) and the heart rate data (if you have that monitor). An updated version of Dive Log DT that adds support for these features will be available soon.

The direct USB download is also in the works for Dive Log DT/Dive Log Manager. That will be released at a later date that the updated LogTrak import support.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby support » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:36 am

I wanted to provide an update to Dive Log users interested in direct Bluetooth download support for the Scubapro G2.

We have recently integrated support for the G2 into a new Beta version of Dive Log that we hope to formally release in the near future. It would be great to get some additional testing on this new support, so if you have an G2 and are interested in getting early access to the download capability please contact us via email (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com).

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby support » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 am

The Scubapro G2 (also known as the Galileo 2) support is now available in Dive Log's latest release (2.5) via the "SCUBAPRO Download" in-app purchase. This in-app purchase also support the Aladin Sport Matrix (note that the "Aladin Sport" does not have Bluetooth capabilities so this support will only work with the "Aladin Sport Matrix").

The update to Dive Log also adds native support for the iPhone X screen resolution.

You should be able to upgrade to the latest version of Dive Log via the App Store app on your device if you have not already gotten the update via automatic update.

Thanks for the help from all the beta testers and everyone's patience.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log