Unable to Download Dives

Unable to Download Dives

Postby donrush » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:01 pm

When I try to download dives from two PDC's (Atom 3.1 and Geo 2.0) I am unable to. If I tell it to download since my last dive or all dives it downloads for awhile and then once that finishes it says no dives found. Any thoughts? I downloaded last around July 16th without any problems. I think there was a software update since then. I have not updated any firmware on the PDC's since my last download. I also tried Oceanic's software and they downloaded fine.
donrush

Re: Unable to Download Dives

Postby support » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Can you send us the "logs" from the Download process please?

Go to the Preferences Window -> then Support Tab
Select Pelagic in the top section and then click "Email to Support".

We'll take a look and see what's going on.
Thanks,
Janice
support

Postby Maxim! » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:27 am

Hi,

I have exactly same problem as described in previous post.
The difference only being I have a Suunto Vyper Novo.
I use the DiveLogDT version no. 4.4.28 (4.147)

I have 4 dives on the Vyper Novo which I have successfully downloaded into SuuntoDM5.
I have previously had success downloading dives into DiveLogDT, but I think the program has been updated since my last succesfull download.

Any thoughts about this issue?
Maxim!

Postby support » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:45 am

Hi,

If the 4 dives are already in your logbook, Dive Log DT will not download them (unless you pick the "All Dives" option). You can select the "All Dives" option to see if the dives download (you don't need to import them if you already have them in your logbook).

Also, if you have checked the "Dive Log DT->Preferences->Support" option for either creating a snapshot or a memory dump on the next download then Dove Log DT will not attempt to import any dives after it downloads the computer. So make sure that you don't have either of those options select.

Given that neither of the above items help, return to "Dive Log DT->Preferences->Support" and select "Suunto" from the "Send Download Logs for:" section and then download your dive computer with the "All Dives" option. Then return to "Dive Log DT->Preferences->Support" and click the "Email to Support" button. This will provide the data we'll need to diagnose what is going on with your download.

One final note, installing "Suunto DM5" installs a device driver (Dive Log DT normally uses it's own built in driver) that could be causing an issue. Dive Log DT knows about this driver and will try to use it if it is installed, but this could also be a source of issues. If the download use to work with Dive Log DT and then you installed DM5 and it no longer works then it is possible that this is the issue. We should be able to detect this situation based on the download logs that you send, but do also let us know if you installed DM5 since your last successful download with Dive Log DT. There have been no changes in any recent Dive Log DT updates that should affect your ability to download a Vyper Novo.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Maxim! » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 am

Thank you for your thorough reply.

I found the problem to be the Create memory dump that was ticked off.

I installed DiveLogDT after Suunto DM5 and have not had any device driver problems.
Maxim!

Postby Renroc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:51 pm

I've been having the same difficulty since the end of August 2017. My D4i is not being recognised by divelog and I can't download dives. However I am also having the same issue with Suunto DM5 so it is more than likely a computer issue. Not the cable as I have tried 3 different ones and those cables all work with a PC.

At some stage in the past I recall needing some sort of additional software to make the suunto talk to the mac but have no idea what that was.

Suggestions please?
Renroc

Postby support » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 am

I've been having the same difficulty since the end of August 2017. My D4i is not being recognised by divelog and I can't download dives. However I am also having the same issue with Suunto DM5 so it is more than likely a computer issue. Not the cable as I have tried 3 different ones and those cables all work with a PC.

Certainly, if Suunto DM5 can't download it, it's a good bet that DiveLogDT won't be able to as well. If you've confirmed that the cable(s) is working, then I suggest taking a look at the pin connection between the cable and the D4i itself. Often, there can be salt build up on them after repetitive diving that interferes with the data connection. If you look around online, you will see many opinions on the best way to clean those pins and so you'll have to decide yourself what you feel comfortable with. I have had success with a pencil eraser in the past and like it as it's pretty benign, but it can be hard to find a small enough one to really "get in there".

Please send us the Download logs that get created as part of downloading your D4i with DiveLogDT. Under the main menu, open the Preferences Window then go to the Support tab. In the top section select Suunto and then click "Email to Support". It will create an email message with the appropriate files already attached. We'll take a look and see at least what DiveLogDT thinks is the problem and that will help to narrow it down.

At some stage in the past I recall needing some sort of additional software to make the suunto talk to the mac but have no idea what that was.

It's possible that you are thinking you installed a device driver to make it work. Both DiveLogDT and Suunto DM5 do not *require* a device driver to talk to your D4i, but both will work with it if you have installed it for another piece of logbook software.

Send us the logs,
Janice
support

Return to Dive Log Manager