Allowing signature/stamp file to be added to signature field

Allowing signature/stamp file to be added to signature field

Postby bubffm » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:57 pm

I would find it useful if as alternative to scribbling buddy or divemaster signatures into the ipad, scanned signatures/stampes could be added to the signature field.

just digitizing my paper logbook and would live to get these sign/stamps into the signature field. Thanks for considering.

bubffm
bubffm

Re: Allowing signature/stamp file to be added to signature f

Postby support » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:23 am

Thanks for your thoughts on adding support for an image capture of the signature/stamp. This is something that we are looking at adding in a future update to Dive Log. It is not an insignificant task as it would require a database change (which requires coordinating with the developer of applications that are compatible with Dive Log). The signature is currently stored as a vector representation (this saves significant space in the database vs an image). We do have some ideas about how to best support this feature request, but do not have a timeline at this point in time for when it might be available.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby CZS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Apologies for bumping up an old thread, but has there been any progress on this? I would love to see this feature make it to the app.
CZS

Postby support » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:24 am

No problem. It is a fair question.

We have been working with our 3rd party partners on an updated database format that will allow for improved the handling of signatures. We have some features implemented internally as we work through the database details but we are still a little ways away from general availability (we need to coordinate the release on all platforms).

We appreciate your interest in this and you making us aware that it is still important to you. I apologize for the delay in getting this done.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby CZS » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:37 am

Thanks for the update Greg, appreciate your work on this!
CZS

Return to Dive Log