Not allowed to Edit

Not allowed to Edit

Postby moorejh143 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:23 pm

I just had my gear serviced and wanted to put the service date in for the equipment. I can not find a way to edit it. I see the "active" on / off button, but it won't let me change that either.

I go up under the DiveLog Menu and it gives me the option "Buy Full Version". I did this. I purchased it on 30 August 2014 from the App Store.

Please help me get this application activated properly so I can edit it.

Thanks

Jim
moorejh143

Re: Not allowed to Edit

Postby support » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Hello Jim,

Assuming you actually mean "under the DiveLogManager" menu, it's says "Buy Full Version", that means you're running the free/read only version of the application. (This is meant for backing up and sync'ing your Dive Log for iOS logbook).

If you purchased DiveLogDT from the Mac App Store, then it won't have that menu item. If this is the case, and you're accidentally running DiveLogManager when you meant to be running DiveLogDT, then I would suggest you go ahead and just delete the read-only version, DiveLogManager, from your machine altogether. It has no features that you don't already have with DiveLogDT and by deleting it you won't accidentally run it because all these diving and logbook applications have such similar names :D

If you purchased DiveLogDT from the Mac App Store and it's no longer on your machine somehow, you can just re-download it from the "Purchases" tab in the Mac App Store application.

Janice
support

Postby moorejh143 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi

I know it's been a while - I haven't needed to use it (sadly). Please disregard. I just read where DiveLogManager is the Free one to sync with the iOS. I will need to purchase and download the DT version to be able to import from my Zoop and modify from the that application
moorejh143

Postby support » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Your original forum post says that you *did* purchase "it" from the Mac App Store "on 30 August 2014". If you did indeed purchase DiveLogDT, you don't need to purchase it again.

Open up the App Store application on your Mac and navigate to the "Purchased" tab. If you are logged in with the same Apple ID and you did indeed purchase it, then you will see DiveLogDT in the list there and you can simply re-download it by clicking the "Download" button next to the name.

If though in your original forum post you meant that you purchased Dive Log, the iOS application, then you can edit your logbook on your iOS device instead. They are two different applications - the MacOS one and the iOS one.

Let us know if you need any further explanation,
Janice
support

Postby moorejh143 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:37 am

That's exactly what I did - I purchased the iOS version and downloaded the free DiveLogManager. When I realized that, I purchased the DiveLogDT so I can import my dives from yesterday right into the computer and have edit control
moorejh143

Return to Dive Log Manager