Question about pictures

Question about pictures

Postby daryl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Is there a way to rotate or crop photos? Most of the pictures I add to the log book are wider than they are tall. It would be great to have the ability to stretch/crop/zoom within the logbook.
daryl

Re: Question about pictures

Postby support » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 am

The *actual* size of the photos in the logbook are really quite small (relatively) and are a maximum size of around 430 pixels wide and 320 pixels high. They are meant to be more "thumbnails" than anything. Since they are stored directly in your logbook, you/we don't actually want very big ones as they can significantly increase the total size of your logbook, making the whole WiFi/iCloud "sync" process much longer. So we just have very basic photo handling - we assume you will have used any of the multitude of photo manipulation applications on the photo before you add it to the logbook - they are much better at that than we could ever be. You can increase the size of the window/panels of each place there is a photo, and the display of the photo will get bigger. You can also hit the "full screen" button to get it larger to look at. You can also right click on the photo to save it as a PNG file on your hard drive if you want to work with it outside of Dive Log Manager/Dive Log DT. Also, if any of the photos were added to Dive Log Manager/Dive Log DT from your Mac, then when you hover your mouse over the photo, a path will show up that says where the original photo came from. If you double click on the photo in this case, then the *original* photo (which is likely much larger), will be opened up in your default photo viewer.

Hope that helps explain things,
Cheers,
Janice
support

Re: Question about pictures

Postby daryl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks Janice. I don't want to edit photos in DLM, just adjust them to fit the picture box you provide. Your response helps; I'll try to resize to the dimensions you mentioned in your reply.

- Daryl
daryl

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager