Data corrupted and past dives all messed up

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
mattkpeters1

Data corrupted and past dives all messed up

Post by mattkpeters1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:53 pm

Hey everyone. Not sure what I've run into here. Took me over an hour to even figure out what I think happened.

Basically, I have just about 120 dives in a logbook that I started on 1/1/2019. I've been religiously logging everything and all looked good.

I have been chugging along this year logging my dives but the other day I went back to look through some older dives from last year and noticed some weird stuff.

First, a bunch of dives (at least two dozen that took place in 2019 have been moved an their dates now show that they happened on various days in 2020. I can tell they’ve moved because of notes about those dives. Second, it appears that much of the data about these dives has been changed. Not just deleted, but changed. Dives to 120ft for 30 minutes are now showing as 19ft for 3 minutes, etc. But my "description" and environment notes are still there.

Interestingly, not all dives got messed up. Every dive since June 28th, 2020 is fine. And many before that are also fine, but it seems like maybe 3-4 dozen have had their data messed up, or dates moved, or other such weirdness that I can't untangle.

Any ideas what could have happened here and what I can do to fix this?

support

Re: Data corrupted and past dives all messed up

Post by support » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 pm

This does sound odd. Have you sync'd your logbook with any other devices or a Cloud service?

Could you please email your logbook file to us (support at moremobilesoftware dot com) and we'll take a look at it and see if we can see what the details of those dives look like. Also, let us know which dives have changed inexplicably.

Thanks,
Janice

mattkpeters1

Re: Data corrupted and past dives all messed up

Post by mattkpeters1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am

Sure. I'll send the logbook now.

The only things I can think of that were points where something might have messed up is that around April of this year I switch dive computers (but I don't see why that would affect old dives).

And a couple weeks ago I did a one-way sync from the desktop app to the mobile app.

That's actually when I noticed all the messed up dives. I was scrolling back through the log on the mobile app to make sure everything synced and noticed the issues.