Merging Dives

Discussion of the macOS applications DiveLogDT and Dive Log Manager
Mikel

Merging Dives

Post by Mikel » Thu May 21, 2020 10:37 am

I have some dives logged on my Shearwater Perdix from Stress and Rescue class (SSI). Because of class, we had some shorter surface times all on the same tank. My Perdix was set to time out after 60 seconds on surface. But we were less than 10 minutes on the surface, so I would like to keep the data from both but consider it one dive in my log.

Is it possible in either the Mac or iOS software (I have both) to merge these dives together? Or do I simply have them as separate entries but give them the same dive number?

support

Re: Merging Dives

Post by support » Thu May 21, 2020 10:44 am

Hi,

Yes, you can merge the dives in either DiveLogDT (Mac) or Dive Log (iOS). In both cases you want to be looking at the main dive list and then bring up the contextual menu on the first of the two dives that you want to "append" (we use "merge" to refer to a different operation). To get the contextual menu on Mac just "right click" or "command - click" and to get it on iOS just press and hold. Then select the "Append Following" item. This will combine the two dives into a single dive and retain the dive number of the first of the two dives. You can repeat this process to append any subsequent dives.

We don't allow you to append arbitrary dives. So if the two dives are not appropriatest related (within a reasonable time of each other or using different gases or tank options) the append operation might not work on Mac or, on iOS you'll never get the option in the first place. Given the circumstance you described the append operate should work for you.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you need additional information.

Cheers,

Greg

Mikel

Re: Merging Dives

Post by Mikel » Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 am

Thanks Greg. Exactly what I was looking for.