Print List of dives

moonfisch

Print List of dives

Post by moonfisch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:24 am

I worked a long time with the Windows version and there I could print list from all my dives is this some how possible in the MAC version?
Or as a solution is it some how possible to Export the dives to Excel?

support

Re: Print List of dives

Post by support » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Yes, using the "Dives" panel, you can select 1, many, or all of the dives in the lower window area and then select "Print" from under the "File" menu. Unfortunately though, there is only 1 way to print a dive and that is as a full page letter size suitable for a binder. You can save it as a PDF as well and then manipulate the PDF as desired to do 2 sided printing for example. But DiveLogDT does not have the same "Report Formatter" functionality as Diving Log 6.0 on Windows. Adding this functionality would be a significant undertaking on the Mac and unfortunately it's not a feature that very many of our customers use.

If you are looking for a simple summary of dives, one thing you can do is drag things around so that the lower sub-window on the "Dives" panel has all of the dives you are interested in showing. (You can resize the whole window and drag the "knob" up to minimize the top section). And then you can screen shot it - press "Shift-Command-4" and then drag an area around the DiveLogDT lower summary list and a printable PNG file will show up in your Desktop folder.

And unfortunately no, there is no Export to Excel format.

Let us know if you are looking for a particular format and we can try and help.

Thanks,
Janice