"Waiting for Cable" for IRDA device

"Waiting for Cable" for IRDA device

Postby gn5138 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 am

Hi,

I've used DiveLogDT for several years with my Galileo Luna and have never had any problems downloading. However, when I tried to download on Monday, the program doesn't recognize that the device is connected; it just says "waiting for cable." I'd really appreciate it if you could help me fix this. I'm using version 4.5.7 on Mojave (10.14.4).

Thank you
gn5138

Re: "Waiting for Cable" for IRDA device

Postby support » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:39 am

I think I know what is going on. And admittedly it can be a rather confusing interface. I think perhaps that you are using the "ScubaPro/UWatec" Download panel, and not the "UWatec (IrDA)" Download panel. The former is for the USB Serial based dive computers from them, and the latter is for the IrDA based dive computers from them. The two are entirely different beasts and they have also changed the branding to be more "ScubaPro" and not "UWatec" so it made sense to separate them out. But certainly if you're just glancing at the list, it is easy to pick the wrong Download panel.

When using the "UWatec (IrDA)" Download panel, you would instead get a message "Waiting for IrDA device to be plugged in" under the same situation. The other USB Serial dive computers use a more traditional "cable" which is why you get the other message about waiting for a "cable"

Please get back to us if the above is not the case.
Thanks,
Janice
support

Re: "Waiting for Cable" for IRDA device

Postby gn5138 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks! That worked. I have one of the double-branded computers, so I thought the ScubaPro/Uwatec panel was the one to use.
gn5138

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager