Transferring profile to Dive Log iPhone App

Transferring profile to Dive Log iPhone App

Postby ka@KiloAlpha.ch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:30 am

If this post is not appropriate, please delete.
I am a new user of this software. I have a Nemo Wide dive computer.
Whilst diving I update my logbook on my iPhone using the Dive Log App.
On returning home I have transferred these dives to the DIve Log program on my Windows computer. This has worked and all information has been transferred.
I have synchronised my Nemo dive computer to the Windows Dive log program and there I can see the dive profiles on the log book on the PC. This has worked.
I have synchronised my iPhone with the Windows PC Dive Log application but I cannot see any dive profiles on the iPhone App. This does not seem to work.
How do I see the dive profile on the iPhone App?

Thanks in advance for any help.
ka@KiloAlpha.ch

Re: Transferring profile to Dive Log iPhone App

Postby support » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:00 am

Hi,

I think the reason that you are not seeing the new dive computer data in Dive Log on your iPhone is because you may have not tapped the "Use new Logbook" button after the logbook data was transferred from the PC. Dive Log does not load the updated logbook data until you tap this button when using the Wi-Fi Synchronization method.

Just to be clear, I'm assuming here that you are using the application Diving Log 6.0 (www.divinglog.de) on your PC and that you are using the Wi-Fi Synchronization method to sync between the two devices. The way this process works is that when you "Enable Sync" on your iPhone in Dive Log it will inform the PC that it available. The PC then requests the logbook file from the iPhone (when you click the "Receive logbook" button in Diving Log 6.0). Diving Log 6.0 will then integrate any changes from the iPhone into its local logbook. Then you can make any changes you want on the PC (for example downloading your Mares computer). Then when you tap "Enable Sync" in Dive Log again it lets the PC know that it is ready and the PC will generate an iPhone compatible logbook file and send it to the iPhone when you tap the "Send Logbook" button in Diving Log 6.0. Once that logbook has been transferred two the iPhone it is stored off to the side until you tell Dive Log to load that new logbook by tapping the (now green colored) "Use new Logbook" button (it works this way in case there was any type of an error during the data transfer so you don't end up loading a corrupted logbook). You should then see all the data entered in Diving Log 6.0 (including your dive computer profiles) in Dive Log on iPhone. If this is not the case, please let me know so that we can investigate further (I'd recommend contacting us directly via our support email address support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com).

I also wanted to make sure that you were aware that it is possible to "merge" the data from the Mares Nemo Wide with the dives that you entered at the dive site in Dive Log. If you just download the dive computer and add the dives normally they will be created as new dives and you will have one dive with the information you entered at the dive site and a second dive with just the dive computer data. In order to "merge" the dive computer data with the data previously entered at the dive site on your iPhone you'd take these steps:

1) Enter dives manually at the dive site during your trip.
2) When you get home, sync the iPhone with your PC to get your Dive Log created dives in Diving Log 6.0.
3) Download your Nemo Wide
4) Pick the dives that you want to import and merge with the iPhone dives from the list offers by Diving Log 6.0.
5) Before you click the button on the final dialog, select the radio button to "pick the starting dive" and then pick the first dive that matches the first dive selected in step 4.

Diving Log 6.0 will now proceed to "merge" the data from your dive computer dives with each dive in turn that you entered manually on your iPhone starting with the one you select in step 5.

6) Now sync your Diving Log 6.0 logbook with Dive Log on iPhone and click the "Use new Logbook" button when the transfer is done.

You should now see all your manually entered dives updated with the dive profile (and other information as appropriate) from your Nemo Wide.

I hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to contact us (again our support email is probably better for very specific issues) and we'll be happy to help get things sorted out.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby ka@KiloAlpha.ch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am

Greg, on the iPhone App whereabouts do I find the “Use new Logbook” button?
I can only access Dives, dive sites, buddies etc.
ka@KiloAlpha.ch

Postby support » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:03 am

The "Use new Logbook" button is on the "Synchronize" tab under the "Wi-Fi Synchronization" option. The "Synchronize" tab is located on the "..." (or "More") tab. So if you tap the "..." tab and then tap "Synchronize" and then tap the "Wi-Fi Synchronization" item you will end up on the correct screen. The "Use new Logbook" button will only be available *after* you have successfully complete a sync with Diving Log 6.0.

If you have not previously found this screen, then you are probably not synchronizing with Diving Log 6.0 via Wi-Fi. If that is the case, please let me know which method you used to sync with Diving Log 6.0 on your Windows PC as the other methods do not require the use of the "Use new Logbook" button.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby ka@KiloAlpha.ch » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Greg, Many thanks. I guess the previous sync did not work. I re-did the sync and it worked exactly as you suggested. We now have the profiles.

It is a great App.

Best regards
Keith
ka@KiloAlpha.ch

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager