Page 1 of 1
Merging Dive Records
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:42 am
I have DiveLog DT installed on my MacBook and the DiveLog App on my iPhone. Currently I use the app at dive sites to record the location (co-ordinate function is excellent) and the tank pressures before and after each dive. On returning home I download the dives from my Suunto D4 to DiveLog DT.
After synchronising I end up with two records of each dive. I would like to merge these records to get SAC values from the tank pressures I manually add to the app and the dive profile downloaded from the D4.
Is this possible?
Re: Merging Dive Records
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:58 am
Yes, it certainly is. The steps are:
1) Record your dive info at the dive site in Dive Log as you are currently doing.
2) Sync the Dive Log dives to DiveLogDT as you are currently doing.
3) Download the dive computer (so the new dives are listed in the top panel) and select the dives you wish to import (shift-click to extend the selection)
4) Click on the dive in the bottom panel that matches the first dive that you selected in step #3 (this will be the first dive entered in Dive Log a the dive site)
5) Click the "IMPORT" button
DiveLogDT will now import each dive downloaded from the dive computer and "merge" the data with the information that you entered at the dive site. Any field that has information from the dive computer will be updated and the other fields (GPS coordinates for example and tank pressure in your case) will be left alone. The only catch with this operation is that the dives are merged in turn one after the other. So if you have any extra dives selected in the top panel that don't appear in the lower panel then the matching will get off (we tried doing the matching automatically in the past but it is too hard to ensure that the date/time entered on the iPhone/iPad matches the date/time on the dive computer). If this situation occurs just import the dives in batches so that they line up.
6) Now you can sync DiveLogDT and Dive Log again to get a full record of your dives on both devices.
You can also "fix" any dives that you have previously downloaded and have duplicate entries for by using a similar process. In this case you will be using the "Dive Log" entry under "IMPORT" in the sidebar of DiveLogDT. This option allows you to import from an existing Dive Log/DiveLogDT database. The easiest way to do this is to make a copy of your existing logbook (you might make two copies just in case you make mistake doing this operation). Then in one copy of the logbook delete all the dive computer dive entries and in the other logbook delete all the manually =created entries. Now open the logbook with the manually created entries and take these steps:
1) Click "Dive Log" under "IMPORT" in the sidebar.
2) Click the "Dive Log File" button and select the logbook that has just the dive computer entries that you created above
3) Select the dives you want to "merge" in the top panel
4) Select the first matching dive in the lower panel
5) Click "IMPORT"
again, the dives will be merged in order with any data in this from the lower panel being added or updated in the dives in the upper panel. This operation might be a bit tedious, but you should only have to do it once. Then just use the procedure above in the future so you only end up with a single entry for each dive.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Re: Merging Dive Records
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:11 am
I have successfully merged the dive records.