Manual Entry

Manual Entry

Postby Pvncargo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:29 am

Hi,

My current paper log has some +1000 diver loged in it and I want to know if I can enter them into this electronic log?

Note: I still use an original SUNNTO Viper, am I am hoping that 1/2 of the paper logs will upload and I will not have to enter (if possible) some of the data.

Thank you
Pvncargo

Re: Manual Entry

Postby support » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:14 am

Yes, you can manually enter logbook data into Dive Log Manager (the licensed version from our website) or Dive Log DT (purchased from the Mac App Store). The Vyper has (if I recall correctly) 25 hours of log data. So I suspect that you will get less than 1/2 your logbook data from downloading the Vyper.

One trick, when you download your Vyper the process happens in two steps. The first is to download all the dives on the Vyper and the second is to Import those dives into your logbook (you will see all the downloaded dives listed in the top panel of the Download screen). You will want to select all the dives in the top panel (select 1 dive and then hit the command & A keys at the same time to select them all) and then enter the dive number that you'd like the first dive listed in the top panel to have in your logbook next to the "Import" button before you click it. This will capture the dives on et computer with the correct dive numbers to start with. Then you can go back and fill in other dives at your leisure by entering the correct dive number for each one but all new dives you import from the Vyper going forward will have the correct numbers automatically. Note, you can renumber dives manually after the fact, but this trick will just save you some time.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: Manual Entry

Postby support » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:11 am

Also remember that you can "Duplicate" or Copy a dive. So if you have a bunch that you want to enter manually, there are probably a "group" of them identified by a trip or a place or something like that. Create a single new dive, get it filled in as completely as you want, and then use that dive as a template to "Duplicate" for the rest of the dives in that group. Then, you just have to change the date and time for the new ones, and likely the "Site" as well, but everything else will already be there.

Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager