Cressi Giotto Error Downloading

Cressi Giotto Error Downloading

Postby eappell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 pm

I just bought your software to use with my Cressi Giotto dive computer. I've connected the computer to my MacBook Pro, I can run the Cressi software and it connects and can download the dives, but every time I try to download them with your app I get the error "Error downloading dives from dive computer - try again". I have selected the Giotto in the dropdown for model. How can I get the app to recognize my Giotto?

Thanks,
Eddie
eappell

Re: Cressi Giotto Error Downloading

Postby support » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 pm

eappell wrote:I just bought your software to use with my Cressi Giotto dive computer. I've connected the computer to my MacBook Pro, I can run the Cressi software and it connects and can download the dives, but every time I try to download them with your app I get the error "Error downloading dives from dive computer - try again". I have selected the Giotto in the dropdown for model. How can I get the app to recognize my Giotto?

Hi Eddie,

First, I've moved your post to the DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager forum. Second, if you can Download your Giotto using the Cressi software, you "should" be able to also download it using DiveLogDT. Usually this is the biggest hurdle. So if you could please send us the Download logs, we'll take a look and see what the problem might be.

If you open the Preferences window (found under the main menu) and then go to the Support tab. In the top section, select Cressi and then click the "Email to Support" button. You should get an email popup with the log files already attached. If you don't, send us the email anyway and we'll tell you how to drag and drop the files into an email to us.

Thanks,
Janice
support

Re: Cressi Giotto Error Downloading

Postby eappell » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks Janice - it didn't attach any logs, but I sent the email anyways, as you recommended. Greg got back to me right away. Hopefully we can figure out what's going on.
eappell

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager