Combining two dive log files

Combining two dive log files

Postby Scubanonie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:02 am

I bought the Dive Log program when I got a new Atomic dive computer. After 45 dives the computer malfunctioned and they replaced the computer. Since I was fairly new to both computer and Dive Log program I started a new file for the new computer. I now have 135 dives on the new computer and am wondering if I can combine the two files so all dives will be in the same file and the map will be complete with all dives.
Please let me know if this is possible and how to do it. I have already made a backup of both files.
Thank you
Diana
Scubanonie

Re: Combining two dive log files

Postby support » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am

Hello Diana,

I assume you're talking about DiveLogDT or Dive Log Manager on the Mac. And yes, you can combine the two logbook files easily by "Importing" from one into the other. It probably makes sense to import your original logbook with the 45 dives *into* your newer existing logbook, but you could go either way.

Under the Import section, select Dive Log. Then click the button "Dive Log File" and navigate to your original logbook file and hit OK. You'll see all the dives in the top window. Now select them all (you can use Command-A to select them all). Then you can fill in what you want to use as a Starting Dive# for all these dives. If they are your first ones, then probably set the Starting Dive# to '1'. If you already have a Dive#1 in your newer logbook, don't worry, you can have duplicate Dive#'s. Then click the Import button.

You may need to re-number your dives after you've done this. If you click on your last correctly numbered dive, and then "right click" in the bottom window area, you'll see a menu with "Renumber Forward". If you select this you'll get a popup which will show you how DiveLogDT will re-number your dives. Verify that this is what you want and then click OK.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager