Equipment Question

Equipment Question

Postby Zesty » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:15 am

Using Dive Log DT, version 4.4.28.

I would like to download my equipment list with all the data - a method to do this does not "jump out at me". The reason is to track the history of equipment service over time, not just the next equipment due date, and to be able to print out a list of upcoming service to be sure I do not forget to take any piece to the LDS (I live 45 min away and dual trips are a pain!).

Also, the alert received on a iOS device for upcoming service does not seem to appear on Dive Log DT. Any help on these would be appreciated. In general - LOVE the log system and get many jealous looks when I am all done logging my dive in about 5 min!
Zesty

Re: Equipment Question

Postby support » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 am

I would like to download my equipment list with all the data - a method to do this does not "jump out at me". The reason is to track the history of equipment service over time, not just the next equipment due date, and to be able to print out a list of upcoming service to be sure I do not forget to take any piece to the LDS (I live 45 min away and dual trips are a pain!).

Right now, we can not do either :-( First the Export part: We have an "interchange format" for exchanging information between user's of DiveLogDT. Right now we only support this for Dive Sites, Cities, and Countries though. (Look under the File->Share menu or right/control click on a site/city/country). The intention is to add this support for other items too like Equipment but I don't know if this would help you.

It seems like the important part you mention is to track the history of equipment service over time which is something different than export. It's an excellent suggestion and one on our "to do" list. This requires a database update though as we need to "save" the service information which we don't now. We're finalizing the database update with our partners now and this feature is already in it. It will be some time though before it's available, but it's in the works at least.

Let us know if you need any further info on the above.
Janice
support

Return to Dive Log Manager