Subgear XP-AIR support

Subgear XP-AIR support

Postby BAchorn » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:32 pm

As you support most Pelagic DC, I was wondering if you also support the Subgear XP-AIR? Additionally, what is the best way to transfer existing logged dives in Pelagic DiverLog into DiveLog Manager?

Thanks
BAchorn

Re: Subgear XP-AIR support

Postby support » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Believe it or not, "I don't know". The Subgear XP Air that I know of is an IrDA based dive computer and is a clone of the UWatec Smart Z dive computer and I know that DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager can download it. I see that Pelagic's DiverLog software will also download a dive computer called the Subgear XP Air, but honestly I'd be surprised if it can download an IrDA based dive computer. Perhaps Subgear have now done a clone of some Pelagic based DC and also called it the XP Air ....

Did your Subgear XP Air come with a download cable? Is it USB at one end? Can you email us a photo of the other end? Once we take a look, we can see if there is a matching Pelagic based serial connected dive computer that you can try. Email it to support at moremobilesoftware dot com.

Additionally, what is the best way to transfer existing logged dives in Pelagic DiverLog into DiveLog Manager?

I don't have a direct import for this format yet. The best way right now is to export dives into "Dan DN7" format and then import that format into Dive Log Manager.

Let me know how you make out,
Janice
support

Postby BAchorn » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Sorry for not being clear on the model. Yes it is a Subgear XP-AIR. It does come with a USB cable. Its sister "clones" are the Sherwood Vision and Aeris A300Ai (just discovered this). When the DC is plugged in Dive Log DT, recognizes it as a Pelagic DC as that download screen then asks me to choose a brand and model. I will try the Aeris A300Ai tonight and let you know the outcome.
BAchorn

Postby BAchorn » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:34 pm

I check and, you are correct, used to be a another Subgear model also called XP-AIR but it was a wrist DC with wireless air integration. This one is a "hose" integrated air DC. It is a newer product but did not make the transition to ScubaPro. Though it is still purchasable as new.
BAchorn

Postby support » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:59 pm

OK, so that's pretty weird that they would make a completely new DC and then give it the same name as an old one, even though the connections are apparently completely different. Weird. But Thanks for confirming it for me. It makes things very confusing though.

The next version of DiveLogDT will support the Sherwood Vision, but the current version already supports the Aeris A300AI. So go ahead and try using that and please let us know what happens. FYI If it really is a true clone, unfortunately the "name" that will show up in the Computer field of the dive will also be "Aeris A300AI". If it actually reports a different model number though, it will be "unknown" and may not work correctly :-(. At least until we add it to our list.

Janice
support

Postby BAchorn » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:00 pm

I tried the Aeris A300 Ai and it went through the download process and ended with "No dives were found." I have email a photo of the other end.
BAchorn

Postby support » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Actually, the best thing is if you could send the download logs to us.

Under the main menu, open the Preferences Window, go to the Support tab. In the top section, select "Pelagic" and then click the "Email to Support" button. I'll review them and see what we can see.

Thanks,
Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager