Some Graphs Greyed Out

Some Graphs Greyed Out

Postby donrush » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm

I am syncing my Oceanic Atom 3.1 with Dive Log DT and I noticed that some of the profile graphs are greyed out; No Decompression Limit and Remaining Bottom Time. If I recall correctly from the manufactures software it did graph those two things so the data should be there. Is there a reason it is not showing up in here?
donrush

Re: Some Graphs Greyed Out

Postby support » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:24 am

If the graph is greyed out, then it means that that information is not available for that dive. The only manufacturer that gives "remaining bottom time" are the UWatec ones. The majority of manufacturers give "no decompression limit", including Oceanic. (It's usually an "either or" situation).

I just took a look, and we don't know how to decode the NDL information for the Atom 3.1. There is an open source library that has the information on how to decode the memory from various manufacturers dive computers and their various models, and this library doesn't support NDL for the Atom 3.1. A lot of manufacturers don't share the details of their dive computers with 3rd party logbook developers such as ourselves, so we rely on people "reverse engineering" the information. If you are willing to take the time and send me a Pelagic DiverLog (Lite) file of your dives, and a "memory dump" of your Atom 3.1, I can take a look and see if we can figure out how to decode the NDL information for the Atom 3.1. It may not happen "right away", but we would need this information to even get started.

If you do want to go ahead, it's probably best to email our support address. I can send more detailed instructions on how to find the Pelagic file and also how to create a memory dump.

Thanks,
Janice
support

Return to Dive Log Manager