Unable to print multiple Logs on MAC

Unable to print multiple Logs on MAC

Postby tonyb15re » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 am

Hi,
Is there a known issue with printing of logs on a Mac, Im trying to print multiple logs from my last trip, I have set the print options to print multiple pages, double sided with a range between 2 log numbers.

I have also tried to save as a PDF which fails

The error I get is

No pages from the document were selected to be printed.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks
tonyb15re

Re: Unable to print multiple Logs on MAC

Postby support » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:43 am

Hi,
There are no *known* issues printing dives with Dive Log Manager or DiveLogDT. You should just be on the "Dives" panel and select 1 or more dives in the lower panel. You can command click for adding individual dives or Shift click for adding a range of dives). Then either press Command-P or go into the File menu and click on the Print option.

When you do this, do you get the standard MacOS print dialog?
Do you get the message "No pages from the document were selected to be printed" *after* you click the Print button in the print dialog?
What release of MacOS are you running?

We'll get this sorted out.
Janice
P.S. I deleted your duplicate post from the "Dive Log" forum as this only effects the MacOS application and wanted to avoid confusion for iOS customers.
support

Postby tonyb15re » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi
I choose print from the DiveLog menu, I then choose double sided and 2 per page so they fit in an A5 binder. I am also unable to save to PDF which of course I could print through Adobe.
tonyb15re

Postby support » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:33 pm

I've tried to duplicate your scenario, but I am unable to. (Although you did not mention what version of MacOS you are running). I do not have a printer that is capable of double sided printing, so perhaps there is something there? Perhaps there is something in the application that is required for printers that can do double sided? I am not sure. I am otherwise able to choose "Pages per Sheet: 2" without issue. In either case, try just using the default print settings (single sided, US letter size) instead. Then you can save to PDF and then manipulate it as desired before the actual printing.

Please let us know either way what happens when you use the Default print settings.
Thanks,
Janice
support

Postby tonyb15re » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:41 pm

It now allows me to print the pages but not in the correct order, Im trying to print 2 logs per A4 sheet using double sided printing, the pages dont print correctly as they would appear in a booklet for example.

E.g. if I were to print 4 logs on 1 A4 sheet I would expect 1 then 3 on the front page and then 2 and 4 behind these so when I cut the A4 into A5 the logs can be put in the book in the correct order
tonyb15re

Postby support » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:23 am

That's a little more control in printing than most applications get. But certainly DiveLogDT doesn't have that level of control. This is mostly due to the fact that you can do whatever page manipulations you want using Preview. So if you save your logbook pages to a PDF, you can then move the pages around in Preview however you choose.

If you save the dives you want to print into PDF's, then you can open one of them to start, and then just drag in the other PDF files for the other dives into the first. Using the thumbnail view, just drag the pages around to make them in the order needed to print them in the double sided "booklet" form that you want.

I have heard that some people also keep a separate PDF version of their logbook for printing purposes in this way.

Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager