2 way synch duplicates all dives...

2 way synch duplicates all dives...

Postby ssimps » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi,
Had a problem a while ago when I attempted a 2 way synch between iPhone and Mac laptop and all my data was duplicated e.g. 2x dive number 1 entries for every single dive. Thought it was a bug that had since been ironed out - seemed another user had a similar issue which was fixed. Tried again tonight and the same thing happened. Is it me or is this what is supposed to happen? Don't know how I can get it wrong but probably am - technology is not a strong point with me!

(Oh this problem also occurs when I 2 way synch from the iPad too!)

Thanks
Stu
ssimps

Re: 2 way synch duplicates all dives...

Postby support » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Stu,

It's *supposed* to be easy, but sometime it isn't. I'm not sure what is going on, but I think the easiest thing would be if you sent us the *resulting* logbook with everything duplicated. We'll take a look at each of the individual dives and see if we can diagnose why they are not matching up properly.

Could you email us your logbook to support at moremobilesoftware dot com ....

Thanks,
Janice
support

Postby ssimps » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:49 am

Hi,
thanks for the response. Um, I might be being silly but how do I email the logbook? Do you mean as a screenshot or can the whole program loge be emailed to yourselves? If so how?

Stuart
ssimps

Postby support » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:24 pm

The whole logbook is contained in a single file with the extension ".sql". When you first created the logbook on the Mac, you gave it a name and it is shown in the lower left hand corner of DiveLogDT underneath the word "Logbook:" and it has a ".sql" extension.

To find out *where* on your hard drive it is located, go up to the "File" menu of DiveLogDT and select "Open". This will popup a File Chooser popup and should take you to the folder that the current logbook is contained in. While that is open, you can find your logbook file in that folder and then just "drag" it into an email message window. You can then just "Cancel" and not open the logbook file (cause it's already open). Then just send the email message off to us.

Let us know if you have any trouble,
Janice
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager