saturation graph

saturation graph

Postby DivemasterJaap » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 am

Is there a chance that the saturation graph from my Suunto is implemented in the application ?
DivemasterJaap

Re: saturation graph

Postby support » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:25 pm

No, there is no chance :-)

*Generally* (but maybe not always), the Suunto dive computers do not *save* the saturation information with the profile information during the dive. When you see this information in eg: Suunto DM5, the information is being re-created on the fly using the (proprietary) Suunto algorithms based on the information that *is* saved. So there is no way a 3rd party could re-create it.

We do get NDL information from some of the dive computers. If you let me know which Suunto model you have, I'll let you know.

Janice
support

Postby DivemasterJaap » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:00 am

Hi, I use a suunto Cobra.
The divinglog application on windows shows the saturation, the Suunto logbook DM5 application (awful application) does as well.
DivemasterJaap

Postby support » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:57 am

The "Vyper" family of dive computers, of which the Cobra is one, does not give NDL information. I don't think it does for Diving Log either.

I may be not understanding what you mean by "saturation" but I did take a look at Diving Log to see what it was doing. If you click on "Deco model", it will show you your dive depth profile, and then you can select one of the general deco models and it will show you the tissue saturation based on that deco model at a particular point/depth on the dive. These algorithms are available publicly and so this what Diving Log uses to show you the information. These deco models may or may not be the same ones that Suunto uses in their software - I don't know for sure.

But in either case, Dive Log Manager/DiveLogDT does not show tissue saturation based on any deco models.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Janice
support

Postby DivemasterJaap » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:05 am

You got exactly my question right !
pity that the saturation graph won' t be added to a next release of DivelogDT :-(
I use the graph' s for explaining the model of deco and tissue saturation.
maybe sometime...
thanks anyway for your quick and explaining responding !
DivemasterJaap

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager