Mares Quad Air Unable to download

Mares Quad Air Unable to download

Postby lee.edmond » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:42 am

I just purchased the DiveLogDT after reading a positive review. It seemed to load perfectly, recognized my USB cable, but continually gives me an error message: "Error downloading dives from dive computer - try again. My computer is on the PC mode and the cable is connected properly.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Lee
lee.edmond

Re: Mares Quad Air Unable to download

Postby support » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello Lee,

Not sure what is going wrong. If you could please send us the Download log files, we'll take a look.

If you open up the DiveLogDT Preferences (found under the main DiveLogDT menu), then go to the Support Tab.
In the top section select "Mares" from the menu, and then click "Email to Support".
An email message will get created with the needed files already attached. Go ahead and send the email to us
and we'll take a look.

Thanks for your understanding,
Janice
support

Postby lee.edmond » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:13 pm

I followed your instructions, but the email that was created says that I need to drag and drop the log files to attach them and I don't know where to find them.
lee.edmond

Postby support » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 am

Lee's issue has been resolved, but it did remind us of a common issue with any dive computers that need to be told to go into "download mode" manual.

We have see this with Mares computers and also with Suunto computers. Remember when you are navigating through the menus on your dive computer that you often need to press the "enter" or "select" button one more time after you get to the "PC" or "Download Mode" screen. For example, with the Mares Quad Air the menu item is called "PC" and once you see that you need to press the "enter" button one more time until you see "PC Ready" on the screen. Similarly, on the Sunnto Cobra for example you will get to the "PC" screen and then need to press the "select" button to actually enter the download mode.

Hopefully that is helpful for other users that experience difficulties with downloading these types of computers.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager