Export dive sites

Export dive sites

Postby Tonysouza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Hello,

There is any way to export dive sites trips etc...
Me and my wife we normall dive together and is always a pain do the duplicate work in both logbooks each time that we dive in a new dive site. There is any way to export this information and import into other logbook?
Tonysouza

Re: Export dive sites

Postby support » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:07 am

Hi,

No, unfortunately not at this pointing time. This is a feature that we have recently got a number of requests for so we are looking at ways to add this feature in future version of Dive Log (and our Mac desktop applications). Sorry we don't have a solution for you right now, but your interest will certainly influence the priority of the task on our "to do" list.

Thanks for sharing your request with us. We always appreciate hearing how we can improve Dive Log in ways that will most directly impact our users.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Doc_walls » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 am

New forum member here. I've been using DiveLogDT for a few years now, love it. I have converted several divers over from paper logs....

It's almost been a year, is there any movement on this request? I'd really like to be able to transfer some of my sights over to my friends and customers.

Thanks,

Mike
1997 - NAUI Scuba Diver
2014 - NAUI Instructor #56318
2015 - NAUI Technical Decompression Diver
Doc_walls

Postby support » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Yes! In version Dive Log Manager version 2.4.20 and DiveLogDT version 4.4.20, we added the ability to "Share" the Site, City, and Country information with other users using an "exchange format". You can either share an individual item, or you can create a file of a bunch of items, and send it to another user using the standard Apple "Share" methods. Then, when you want to add this information to another logbook, just double click on the file and follow the prompts.

Please try it out and let us know how it works for you. Any needed improvements?

Janice
support

Return to Dive Log