Need to transfer dive date from ipad to iphone

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
rotfl333x3

Need to transfer dive date from ipad to iphone

Post by rotfl333x3 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:37 pm

I had DL installed on both my iPad and iPhone though I haven't used either for a while because I haven't been diving for far too long. I know, I know -- I need to get wet but that's another conversation.

Anyway, I had to completely re-initialize the iPhone to factory default to correct a problem. This also meant I couldn't *restore* from an iphone backup and get all the app data back. So my question is -- how do I get my data out of the iPad and into the iPhone? If you say "use the iCloud backup option" I'll have to defer. My company's security policy prevents me from enabling the iCloud drive and using it to store data.

What other options are there?

Thanks

rotfl333x3

Re: Need to transfer dive date from ipad to iphone

Post by rotfl333x3 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Never mind. Figured it out. Thanks

support

Re: Need to transfer dive date from ipad to iphone

Post by support » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 am

Glad you figured it out - let us know if you have any other questions.

But your experience highlights one of the issues people should be aware of. And that is if you need to re-initialize or re-install your iOS device for some reason, you want to make sure you have your logbook saved off somewhere. As with all app's, you can always re-download them from the store, but you need to make sure you have the *data* for that app too.

So, saving to the Cloud is good. As long as you have an internet connection, and a cloud account, and access to the cloud account etc. But you might also want to also periodically do a backup to a desktop machine. That's why we have free versions of the desktop software, both PC and Mac. So you can periodically save a copy of your logbook somewhere else.

Just taking this opportunity to do a plug for the workflow for anyone else coming to this thread afterwards :-)
Janice