can't connect Versa Pro

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
fuzidave

can't connect Versa Pro

Post by fuzidave » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:39 pm

i cannot get the dives to download. it recognizes when the cable is plugged in, but when i click download i get "error downloading dives from dive computer - try again". no other feedback.

is there any kind of diagnostic tool to verify it can even talk to the dive computer?

support

Re: can't connect Versa Pro

Post by support » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Just confirming you're actually talking about Dive Log Manager or DiveLogDT the MacOS product. i.e.: even though this is the Dive Log (for iOS) forum ....

If you bring up the Preferences window (under the main menu) and then click on the Support tab - in the top section select "Pelagic" in the list and then click "Email to Support". You'll email the "log" files to us and we can take a look and see what the application thinks is happening.

Thanks,
Janice

fuzidave

Post by fuzidave » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:36 pm

yes. sorry. the Mac app.

i clicked on the "email support" button. but nothing happened. is it sending an email behind the scenes as nothing is showing up in my email outbox.

support

Post by support » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Hmmm. That's odd. No, nothing is being sent in the background. All it's doing is "grabbing" the necessary files and then attaching them to an email message, using the builtin Sharing Service. So you "should" see a Mail compose window come up with everything filled in/out and then you would have to press Send to send it out.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. But we can go old school and you can "manually" send the files to us.

Using Finder, go up to the "Go" menu item and select "Go to Folder ..."
Copy/Paste the entire line below into the popup and click "Go"

~/Library/Containers/com.moremobilesoftware.divelogdt/Data/Library/Application Support/DiveLogDT

The 2 files are:
Pelagic-Serial.txt
Pelagic-Serial.xml

If you could send those off to us, we'll take a look.
Thanks,
Janice